Insurance in New Zealand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yonnamalone

Reaction score
Hi,
I am finally getting back into nails and have moved to New Zealand. Can anyone tell me where I can get insurance here that will cover me and for any damage to someones home if I offer a mobile service?
Many thanks

Hey, I was looking into this a while ago and this was all I found...

The Insurance Brokers Limited / QPIB / IBANZ

Apparently, and I don't know if this is true, you don't NEED to be insured in NZ, which is totally wrong but it's what I heard from someone.

Stacey x

Hi there.
I am in New Zealand and it is not compulsory to get insurance. I have chosen to get insurance though - liability insurance. This is to cover me working from home and doing mobile callouts. I got this insurance with the same company that does my house/car insurance. It is around 60NZD a month.

Insurance not required but I got my business liability insurance through my bank. Whomever does the cover for your car or home can do it as well. Costs me 140/year for 500K business liability.

Remember to setup and pay your ACC levies with the PAYE for your business as well as the ACC covers any accidents or medical problems from services received/performed.

Also, if you do work from home, you might want to contact the local council to see if you need a permit to do that. Some councils could care less, some are rather anal about it. NZ is not regulated so its hit or miss.

I work mobile so I don't deal with any council b.s.

Nancy

Latest posts

Back