Insurance while in training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewNailsbyJulie

Reaction score
Hi, I have just joined and this is my first post :) I have learned so much from this site and the internet (and my Complete Nail Technician book by Marian Newman) but the most important thing at the moment is insurance!

I am waiting for information to be posted to me regarding the NVQ level 2 in Nail Services which I can learn for free (free because I do not have any other NVQ'S and do not have a university degree). But in the meantime I am itching to practise on my many willing friends and family, but can I only get insurance if I have a certificate (or as a student and on a suitable course)? I guess it wouldn't be advisable to practice on real people without insurance.

Many thanks :green:

Hi
Can i ask how you get the NVQ free please?
Thanks

Well, I saw it mentioned here on salon geek a while back so phoned up, was asked some questions then told I was eligible and would be sent details.

I am waiting for these to come but will let you know more when they arrive. Julie :D

The same funding is sometimes offered at your local college also. It's worth having a look. There are quite a few students on my Level 3 who have accessed this type of funding.

I think you can get student insurance once you are enrolled on your course as you will then have proof (enrolement form). :)

Welcome to the site!

If you have not yet completed Level 2, you should qualify for student membership with the Guild, which will cover you to carry out certain case studies whilst you are training.

If you would like more information, give us a call on 0845 2177 383 and have a chat with one of our advisors, who will tell you exactly what you will be covered for, or drop me a PM.

After phoning 4 times over about 6 weeks I was told they would email me the info regarding the free NVQ level 2 in Nail Services, but she took down my address wrong...then I received only one piece of paperwork in the post (should be 4) and no return address or instructions! I kept my cool and phoned again, this time everything was emailed ok and I am about to send it off. The nearest assessor to me is not available until late Nov, then once I start it I can get some kind of insurance at last.
Odyssey Nail System - Odyssey Training

When I was at college and training I had my insurance with The Guild, British Guild of Beauty Therapist.

Latest posts

Back