Insurance without qualifications?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pika

Reaction score
Southampton, Portsmouth & Welwyn Garden City (i'm
Have come across a girl on Facebook via her 'Acrylic nail page' she is charging £10 for nails and is also now advertising lash extensions. Have a mutual friend whose told me shes not qualified so I messaged this girl asking about her training. She tells me she's not doing anything wrong and she investigated into it and can get insurance without the qualifications as long as she knows what she's doing and is only charging for products?! Is this right?

Have come across a girl on Facebook via her 'Acrylic nail page' she is charging £10 for nails and is also now advertising lash extensions. Have a mutual friend whose told me shes not qualified so I messaged this girl asking about her training. She tells me she's not doing anything wrong and she investigated into it and can get insurance without the qualifications as long as she knows what she's doing and is only charging for products?! Is this right?
I would seriously hope not, but NOTHING surprises me at the moment :-/ best if I don't start on this subject. It seems that over the last few years lots of people are popping up offering cheap treatments without doing the qualification x

Whats the point if she is just charging for products? I understand if she is newly qualified or training, but to give up hours of free time to replace products & can never charge full price?! She is working for nothing. This will dawn on her soon xx

She's really annoyed me! She's a right bolshy little mare. She's telling me she has mental health issues and doing this calms her down and her sister teaches beauty therapy. Really?! Why doesn't she teach you and get you qualified then?!

What she does or doesn't do regarding qualifications and insurance is not your concern or worry, it's hers.

So I wouldn't waste your time worrying about as its not your problem, instead I would concentrate on your own business and no worry about what others do or don't do with theirs.

Last edited:
What she does or doesn't do regarding qualifications and insurance is not your concern or worry, it's hers.

So I wouldn't waste your time worrying about as its not your problem.
True, I agree..but I can understand the frustration. Plus when these things pop up it all chips away at the integrity of the industry. x

It frustrates me too, however there's nothing We can do about and until the industry is regulated, so in the meantime it will be very hard to crack down on these people.

my priority is my business and being qualified and insured I have nothing to worry about .

Tbh I'm too busy to worry what others are or aren't doing

It frustrates me too, however there's nothing We can do about and until the industry is regulated, so in the meantime it will be very hard to crack down on these people.

In the meantime my priority is my business and being qualified and insured I have nothing to worry about .
absolutely! A little rant amongst the like minded always helps a bit though :)

Yep I just needed to vent lol and check if the insurance thing was right or not?! I'm gobsmacked if it is :(

I expect she has bought a policy online that didn't ask for her certificates so she thinks she is insured.

If this is the case she will be shocked to find out that should something go wrong and she needs to use the insurance they will want to see those certificates and when she can't produce them she will NOT be covered and will need to deal with whatever the problem is herself.
If this is a client suing her for something going wrong then she will be personally liable and any assest she has can be used to pay out any claim a judge rules against her plus she would have to find all her own court costs (solicitors etc..) and probably pay the other parties court costs too if found to be at fault.

Latest posts

Back