Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbad

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just been offered a rent a chair, but I am unsure of the insurance i need. I have use of the junior so what kind of insurance would I need?

I have heard salon gold are good but any others that you recommend would also be helpful.

Thanks

Emma :)

I suggest you speak to the Salon owner and re negotiate the terms. Use of a junior is leading you down the path of requiring Employers Liability insurance (Indemnity for legal liability at common law and under statute to employees for death, bodily injury, disease, illness and nervous shock sustained during and in the course of employment with the company) as a Master and Servant relationship will exist - the junior will be under your instruction, not the Salon owner. However, legally the junior is contracted by the Salon owner - problematic!

Most Freelance policies can (but not always) include Employers Liability insurance subject to an additional premium, however refer my earlier point.

Persuade the owner (if possible) for you to become an employee; the owner's reduction of hours and provision to provide customers to you, would seem that she obviously needs an apprentice to take over in the long run not let her business slip.

Good luck.

The Guild offer a good insurance policy x

Latest posts

Back