Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrybaby

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm currently looking into insurance for my mobile business and have decided on Salon Gold or Guild. I've noticed lots if threads about insurance companies not covering certain things and just wondered if you fellow geeks could help.

Do both companies allow you to spray tan pregnant ladies (after 3 months)?
Do they cover Shellac, Gelicure and Gelish by being qualified in Mani/pedi or do you have to have the specific manufacturer's training?

Thanks so much for your time :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

The best thing to do is to contact them both and ask for a list of their exclusions.

Thanks Lynne, yes I will be doing that I just wondered if anyone could answer these quick questions for me before I trawl through all the paperwork (which of course I would be checking thoroughly).

Anyone please?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

The Guild are great but quite unique in that they only cover courses that have been accredited by The Guild. That means that every single course that you do for the rest of your working life has to have been accredited by them. So for example, if you change brands and need training in that brand, you may not be covered and you'll then have to switch insurers.

BABTAC are great too and have very high standards but they will insure you for any course that you do as long as it's accredited which is more sensible. Any of the other insurers will do the same so check them all out and go with what you can afford.

Thanks very much for your input Kim, really helpful and worth bearing in mind.

Latest posts

Back