Intense copper to red?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loungewear

Reaction score
Hi There
I am a student so forgive my lack of knowledge. Thats why I am asking for some help. I recently thought I wanted bright copper hair.. so I died it with majicontrast copper all over...with 9% which worked fine but I have decided actually I think i suit red more.. ha! so just wondering whether I should remove the copper ( i have some rusk elimin8) and then put something on top? and if so what? or shall I just put something straight on top?

thanks!

Post a pic of what your hair colour looks like in good lighting. And do you use L'Oréal or other brands too?

I would put the red straight over the top x

What level is the copper? What level red do you want to be? What level are you naturally? What colours do you use?

I dont see a reason quite yet to want to take out the copper to go to red. Any additional info or pictures you have is always a plus!

Your questions answered but If you're using loreal a good tip to remember is you can go up the tones but not down eg.

Blue ash
Mauve ash

(the two ash are the awkward ones, always need to be removed)

Gold
Copper
Mahogany
Red
Green / metallic
Mocha

So mocha can cover anything, green can cover anything but mocha red can cover anything but green mocha etc. of course you have to take into account the base shade too but for example if you're wanting to stay the same base but just change tone you could do a gentle cleanse with effassor hopefully this helps you in future I didn't learn this until half way into my level 3 I wish I had known earlier
:)

Latest posts

Back