Interesting turn of events? Theft at workplace

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BettyBaa1994

Reaction score
Today my boss called to talk about my resignation but also notified £150 was missing from the safe from Saturday...

I am scared it looks like I was involved (I was not ) and she has asked me to write my version of events but this is what happened

(1) was put in charge by the supervisor (2). (2) left a note stating this in the note pad and I assumed this to be a direct order as she was given the keys to open up and lock up. (turned out it was not a direct order)

On that day upon closing up I had finished a massage and was closing up stairs. I came down and was introduced to (1)'s friend a boy. I cannot remember the name possibly (3)?

(4) (receptionist) handed the envelope for the end of the day to (1) who in turn handed it to the boy (who was at the top of stairs at that time) who (1) knew and (1) (who was in charge) told me to put it in the safe. The safe was at the top of the stairs in the staff room , grey box. I just put it in and did not take out the metal key.

Afterwards (5) started talking with (4) (and was introduced to the boy )in regards to the event in the next few weeks. We 2 (5)'s, (4) and myself) all began leaving at about 5.20- I was out the door first, (1) and her friend stayed and locked up everything with the key.

Do you think that is understandable?
Are there any other questions she may ask?
Is it informative enough?

[named individuals removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds ok, (1) better have a good explanation of why she had a boy in the shop, and why he would have been handed an envelope at all, silly. Don't worry too much about it I'm sure (4) & the 2 (5)'s story's will corolate with yours, not nice for you tho just as your leaving :/

Sounds ok, (1) better have a good explanation of why she had a boy in the shop, and why he would have been handed an envelope at all, silly. Don't worry too much about it I'm sure (4) & the 2 (5)'s story's will corolate with yours, not nice for you tho just as your leaving :/

She says she is calling the police, I am secretly scared they may all be in it together (i know it is an irrational fear) as they have each others phone numbers/ they may not have seen the Boy hand me the envelope.

Oh well I will just have to wait and see.

She says she is calling the police, I am secretly scared they may all be in it together (i know it is an irrational fear) as they have each others phone numbers/ they may not have seen the Boy hand me the envelope.

Oh well I will just have to wait and see.
It is a bit irrational but understandable you feel like that, I diddnt read your other post this week about work but get the idea things arnt good for u at the mo, let her call the police anyway they'll find out the truth for sure :)

It is a bit irrational but understandable you feel like that, I diddnt read your other post this week about work but get the idea things arnt good for u at the mo, let her call the police anyway they'll find out the truth for sure :)

hopefully it is one big misunderstanding and the money just was not counted properly...Hope the police can sort it out.

Wishing you luck with it all x

Wishing you luck with it all x

thanks for your support. I feel more sorry for my boss though she just went away for a few days and works like 7 days a week so to have this amount of money stolen is a cheek-

it was a lot as well for an independent business.

The police will sort.it, chin up Betty. Not s nice situation x

Latest posts

Back