Interview with College

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staceow

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am a total Hair Virgin but I have applied for interview with college to enroll on the NVQ level 1 Hairdressing course... Now I know I'm a long way off anything yet but I am so excited.

I just wanted to introduce myself to you all, I'll keep you posted on how I'm getting on.

Your not a long way off - You'll be fine...all the best with the course, keep us posted :)

Hi, welcome to the site :hug: minky

hi hun , you are exactly were i was this time last year....going for level 1 (sept 2007) interview etc...best thing i have ever done.....:hug:

Good Luck with the interview and the course

HI there I am a hair virgin as well. I have had my interview and am starting a NVQ Level 2 Intensive Hairdressing course in September. Probably slighter older than you I am 30 so am starting out in another career and wished I had done this when I left school before I had children! Anybody else out there who were late comers to hairdressing! Becky

Thanks for all good luck messages... I can't wait!

I know how your feeling Mermaid, us hair virgins will have to keep each other going through out the course. I have to do NVQ Level 1 before they let you on the NVQ Level 2 course, how have you got to do level 2?

I'm 24yrs so slightly younger but I've just had my first baby in Dec and when people said " Your life will never be the same" I never really understood. I was half way through my NVQ level 2 beauty course when I was pregnant but once Frankie came along I found out how much time a baby does take up and had to stop the course. I've now found my feet so I'm determand to take up the hairdressing and continue through till the end. x x

:lol:I know Staceow I got told the same and it surely is right that your life never is the same but I would not change it for the world. I have two beautiful children, Harry and Lily, so I can't complain. Am now starting out in a new career as well so hopefully all goes well. My college had this course and you did not have to do any basic before that's why its called an "intensive" course I think because it literally teaches you everything. But its good because I want to learn straight away! Where are you from?

I'm from newcastle and checked all the colleges in my area but they all say the same, that i must complete NVQ level 1 first, never mind. Over all it will take me 3 years to be a qualified hairdresser and could walk straight into a salon job... i'm wishing my bloody life away.

well good luck x x

when you start level one in september you should be able to start level 2 after christmas...thats what happened with me.....hth level one is only 6 units

Thats a shame Staceow as mine definitely level 2 and its an intensive course so must cover basics of level 1 too. Only a year then I am going to do level 3 as Deena on this forum said that people won't employ you or touch you without level 3. Does anyone know if that's true?

Thats a shame Staceow as mine definitely level 2 and its an intensive course so must cover basics of level 1 too. Only a year then I am going to do level 3 as Deena on this forum said that people won't employ you or touch you without level 3. Does anyone know if that's true?

Hi, I dont think that is quite true, I would employ level 2
as long as the proof was in the pudding and she /he had a fair bit of experience behind them ,
meaning as long as she / he was a good hairdresser and knew what they were doing ,
it is always better to gain loads of experience and do top up courses as these will add to your experience ,

so therfore if you are only just out of your level 2 and haven't really had much salon experience ,
then I guess it would be better to do your level three as is in my eyes I would class it as a year of experience ,
plus you will also know how to do colour correction ,
which can only be a good thing :hug: x minky

Last edited:

Hang on a minute and please don't misquote me! I posed this very question on this forum a few weeks ago because when I was chatting to a few local hairdressers, they all said that it would be very difficult to walk into a job without level 3, or at least an advanced colouring/cutting course. I was not stating my own opinion. I don't have one, as I'm not a hairdresser!!

Hi, i'm also doing a hairdressing course just about finished my level 1 our tutor was telling us that you have to have worked in a salon for a yr before you can do level 3 but were trying to change it so you could carry straight on

Hang on a minute and please don't misquote me! I posed this very question on this forum a few weeks ago because when I was chatting to a few local hairdressers, they all said that it would be very difficult to walk into a job without level 3, or at least an advanced colouring/cutting course. I was not stating my own opinion. I don't have one, as I'm not a hairdresser!![/quote

Hi Deena I know your not hairdresser was asking people on the basis of what you have been told. I meant it to say that you have been told, I am sure i put that. Sorry.

That's ok, then! :)

Latest posts

Back