Intimate waxing courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautystar5

Reaction score
Our salon are looking at going on an intimate waxing course, due to high requests. We have been recommended Lyon who have quoted us nearly £500 for one therapist to do the training, but as we are a very small salon this is quite costly. After researching we've found another company who can do the training at a quarter of the price - but will this mean the training isn't as good?

Can anyone give us some advice, if you've been on any courses that you could recommend that wont cost all too much, or do you get what you pay for with cheaper courses?

Oops, Lycon* waxing :)

Im not sure re other courses but i travelled from ireland to london for kim lawless training and it was fab :)

I've looked on their website, did the price include VAT/any kit?

I would love to do the Kim Lawless Intimate Waxing course, the only thing that stops me is that as a 'mature' therapist I just wouldn't feel comfy getting my own bits and bobs out during the training :o

Jude xx

Me too! It's a confidence thing isn't it. :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too! It's a confidence thing isn't it. :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely, I'm not the shy retiring type at all and have no problem dealing with other people in various states of undress for their treatments, it's just that now I'm older I just wouldn't feel at all comfortable having this treatment done on myself, plus with my dodgy knees I honestly don't think I could get in the positions required for intimate waxing :lol:

I highly recommend Kim Lawless training. I can't remember off the top of my head the cost but I am sure it was a lot less than that although the training was that thorough that I would have been happy to pay more for it! You go in feeling so nervous and apprehensive and yet you walk out so confident and eager to get to work on your first paying customer! I have done quite a few short courses now where I feel that they just take my money and I come out not knowing what I am doing so I was beginning to feel a bit deflated about day courses but after doing Kim's course she has restored my faith and I have recommended so many therapists to go to her.
hth

I highly recommend Kim Lawless training. I can't remember off the top of my head the cost but I am sure it was a lot less than that although the training was that thorough that I would have been happy to pay more for it! You go in feeling so nervous and apprehensive and yet you walk out so confident and eager to get to work on your first paying customer! I have done quite a few short courses now where I feel that they just take my money and I come out not knowing what I am doing so I was beginning to feel a bit deflated about day courses but after doing Kim's course she has restored my faith and I have recommended so many therapists to go to her.
hth

Great, thank you!!

I would love to do the Kim Lawless Intimate Waxing course, the only thing that stops me is that as a 'mature' therapist I just wouldn't feel comfy getting my own bits and bobs out during the training :o

Jude xx

Maybe she could do one just for us more mature therapists as I don't want to get my kit off in front of a load of youngsters either!! Frighten them to death poor things!

Maybe she could do one just for us more mature therapists as I don't want to get my kit off in front of a load of youngsters either!! Frighten them to death poor things!

Totally agree with this, Kim should definitely consider a day especially for us therapists that have been round the block a few times :lol:

Hi,
I've pm you details for a lady called Sam Marshall- the beauty guru.
She's based near me in Manchester but does cover the whole of the uk.
I've done training with her and also been a wax model for her-she is AMAZING!!
X

Why do you assume everyone on Kims course is going to be young? When I did it, there was a real mix of ages and everyone was great. I was definitely the oldest on the day, and we all got on and had fab training.

I have lost count of the intimate waxes I have clocked up since training, but I did 4 on Saturday alone, and we are a busy salon offering everything under the sun!
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kims training!

Vicki x!

Why do you assume everyone on Kims course is going to be young? When I did it, there was a real mix of ages and everyone was great. I was definitely the oldest on the day, and we all got on and had fab training.

I have lost count of the intimate waxes I have clocked up since training, but I did 4 on Saturday alone, and we are a busy salon offering everything under the sun!

Vicki x!

Haha just paranoia!

Vicki x!

.....and that fact that I am 'really' mature and am always the oldest on any course I attend :o

Lol, I was paranoid I was going to be the oldest, and I was!

It does those youngsters good to see what an ageing noo noo looks like!

V c
x

I did kims training this year and was really self conscious so volunteered to get my bits out first so I could get it over and done with and then could relax and take it all in. From a learning perspective I think it's really good to have a mixed group as after all when you out there waxing you are going to get all ages and sizes.

Lol, I was paranoid I was going to be the oldest, and I was!

It does those youngsters good to see what an ageing noo noo looks like!

V c
x

Rofl! Noo Noo - I like it! It's not my Noo Noo I'm worried about really it's my horrible flabby legs, tum and bum that will be hanging down when on all fours!

Well there was a total eclipse when I trained x

I did Kim's course with Meira this year and I was one of the old birds! I have to say that mortifying as it is at the time, training like this with Kim does give you the confidence to deal with any situation. Not only do you learn from the mistakes that you make on the day but also from those of others. It also makes you realise that not everyone is the same and that different bodies offer different challenges. I would say get over your hang ups and train with Kim. It's quite unlikely you will ever see anyone again!

Latest posts

Back