Introducing a Medical Product Line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spakitten

Reaction score
Me and my boss are adding laser/microdermabrasion to our services next month (as we are both laser technicians already), and turning the spa into more of a med-spa.

We thought it would be best to also add a medical product line for retail (we are odering Cellex-C I believe). I am a little worried that our regular skin care line (Guinot) will not sell as well, if at all, since Cellex-C has a much higher percentage of active ingrediant and will work much better.

We were going to continue doing facials with our regular line, but I'm starting to think that maybe we use the medical as it would have better results?

Should we keep both lines, or ditch the old one?
what do you think

Hi there spakitten, if I were in your position, I would be inclined to think about the clients, if you change the product range there could be a risk of the clients not likeing the change, you could start off by displaying the new product in a display cabinet to arouse their curiosity and gently introduce it to them that way. Hope this is something to think about and helpful.

Hi there spakitten, if I were in your position, I would be inclined to think about the clients, if you change the product range there could be a risk of the clients not likeing the change, you could start off by displaying the new product in a display cabinet to arouse their curiosity and gently introduce it to them that way. Hope this is something to think about and helpful.

Thanks bebeautiful, thats a good idea. Maybe see things go and if it becomes more popular then start to worry about it. I hope we have room for all these products in our reception room! lol

Hi Spakitten

If I could be so bold as to say....... I have just left a skinclinic and we just did laser,microderm and peels along with other procedures and selling cosmeceutical products. As fantastic as these are, I really feel there is room for both, expecially as still offering facials. There are clients that will go between the both quite happily and will use either/or products too.

Hope this helps

OGT

BTW I am new here so hope I am not butting in unnecessarily

Latest posts

Back