iPad app for appointments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just loads Salonlite on my ipad as thought this would be a fab idea, but, my ipad is only wifi and I may possibly incur tethering charges. If I'm not using the online booking facility, why can it just be used as a database instead of using our information to access the Internet. Am I missing something? 😞😞

I'm not sure why you'd get tethering charges - that's usually for connecting a laptop to your mobile in order to use 3G?

We need internet access because the whole system is hosted by us, which means that you can just connect to it from wherever you've got a connection to the internet (which is pretty much everywhere this days). Also means that your system gets updated as soon as we release a new feature, and that it's maintained by us directly - no need to worry about backups etc (although you can download a copy if you want).

Hope that explains it!

I'm not sure why you'd get tethering charges - that's usually for connecting a laptop to your mobile in order to use 3G?

We need internet access because the whole system is hosted by us, which means that you can just connect to it from wherever you've got a connection to the internet (which is pretty much everywhere this days). Also means that your system gets updated as soon as we release a new feature, and that it's maintained by us directly - no need to worry about backups etc (although you can download a copy if you want).

Hope that explains it!

Thanks for your response but i don't think you've read the question correctly. I wish to use my ipad and it isn't set up for 3G, therefore, I would have to use the tethering option to access the Internet. Unfortunately in my case (as well as others) it isn't an option as some tariffs charge for this facility. I work mobile and do not wish to incur any additional costs.

I only required an 'app', which I now understand yours isn't. Just thought I'd give it a go as its been highly recommended on this site. When the time comes when I can use your services I will have another look 😀😀

Thanks again in taking the time to respond😄

I too have been looking for an IPad app, but I would like one that, keeps appointments, holds customer information, you can see customer history etc, everything everyone has said above.
But also that can be used offline, cos I am mobile so if I have no wifi Iam not stuck.
Can any of these be used offline.
Thanks all
Jo

Hi jolou,

I've realised that Salonlite isn't an app and uses access to the Internet. I have since downloads Ovatu (this was recommended also) and I'm still in process of playing with it! & it's free if you only have 1 member of staff (I.e you), take a look x

Thanks Kelli59 we are obviously in the same boat, will have a look at ovatu now.
Thanks x

Downloaded ovatu and love it, there are so many features that I am still finding, like being able to view history, map. Soooo impressed.
The only thing I cant seem to find is how to back it up, incase I lose or break my ipad, prob obvious but cant see anything.
thanks for all your help
Jo

PS I am using the free version
x

Thanks for your response but i don't think you've read the question correctly. I wish to use my ipad and it isn't set up for 3G, therefore, I would have to use the tethering option to access the Internet. Unfortunately in my case (as well as others) it isn't an option as some tariffs charge for this facility. I work mobile and do not wish to incur any additional costs.

Thanks for clarifying, I can see where the issue lies now :) We need an internet connection just because it means that everything is synchronised, so you can access your system anywhere, rather than only on your phone - what happens if you lose your phone otherwise? We store everything securely on our servers and maintain regular backups, so people don't have to worry about losing data etc.

I use MyChair and find it really good!

Thanks for clarifying, I can see where the issue lies now :) We need an internet connection just because it means that everything is synchronised, so you can access your system anywhere, rather than only on your phone - what happens if you lose your phone otherwise? We store everything securely on our servers and maintain regular backups, so people don't have to worry about losing data etc.

Hi, I take a backup daily so no worries with any data being lost. I am going to use along side my diary for a while anyway (and all data is saved elsewhere under lock & key)!! Thanks for your reply, I believe that if I was able to access the Internet your site is ideal....watch this space ☺☺

MyChair is a $20 app that keeps a schedule, client info, retail tracking, etc...

I need one for my android tablet please!!!???

Latest posts

Back