Is 3 hours too long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used LCN, En Vogue, Amore and OPI Axxium.....primarily use LCN now. Just phasing out my envogue stuff to do a total switch. All three lines were primarily the same:
Cuticle maintenance
Prep nail for fill/new product
Apply base/bonder gel
Apply white/color french
Apply clear resin over entire nail
Curing each layer above seperately :lol:
Remove inhibition layer
File to shape/clean up free edge
Nail Art
Seal - Cure
Remove inhibition layer again and done.
I add a second layer of sealer at the end only because I like the gloss of one product but the sealing ability of another more.

For 3-D work I use LCN 3-D gel....works pretty good, the best I can find in Canada. I also own 3-D molds for making really detailed pieces that I can either embedd or place on top and seal.

I found the two places that I cut my times down was learning to work while clients and I chat (HUGE time saver) and getting my product control down so that I don't spend alot of time having to file.....I spend on average 20 mins filing a fill set and 10 minutes on a new set. Took me alot of practive to get my filing to where I only hand file and use the electric file just to clean up the underside of the nail. And I don't have any problems with strength most of my gals were a 1/4 inch in length with no breakage at fill time.

Sorry it got sooo long but hope it helps.

Hmm i may have to try that then as ive seen your nails and by what you say about lasting etc seems pretty reliable :)
dw bout the length of the text ha the more the better :)

Is it possible to get the lcn in england though?
Will have to try the 3d on my mum when shes due up another set and also see my timings, cause normaly i do my steps different to what youve said and what youve said seems alot quicker and easier than what ive been taught so thank you youve helped alot :D x

Seems your main timing "problem" is that you do your nail art under the thick builder layer. That includes a lot of filing and product waist as well. By doing nail art after finish filing saves time and product cost as well. During rebalance you will remove only nail art and thin where really needed not just because you have to get that glitter out :lol:. In long run you will save time, gels and your files:lol:.
You could try to use your brush to better product control and that minimizes the filing time as well.

My opinion is that it takes what it takes to perform a service to what you youself are happy with! One year is still a little time and you are still improving and learning:) I can do a set in half of the time i normally use but i would not be happy with it and definately would not let my clients out with the nails i am not happy with! But i am a perfectionist and would not accept anything less :wink2: (Mine take about 2,5-...h)

Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back