Is anyone finding holidays have gone up massively this year?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a grant from a charity last year to help take my kids on holiday as one of mine is disabled. There is no way I would take her during the school hols as she simply couldn't cope with crowds. Wrote to the her school including a letter from social worker approving my plans. They refused permission so I got £60 fine(from the council that employ the social worker!). Next time I will take 2wks holiday instead of 1 as the fine is the same and I'm bitter about it! I believe family holidays are so important and hate being dictated to. My other daughters school approved it so no fine from them. Wonder where all the £60 fines go? There was a story in the news yesterday about parents getting a £1000 fine think I might go read that....

Yes, it's crazy. We were going to spend a week in Italy but its just so expensive. We've had to downgrade to 4 nights in Croatia instead but we're staying in a top hotel but taking cheap flights. £2,000 for the four of us. Will cost us less than half of what Italy would have cost at £5,000.

We want to go away in August and October too so we have to watch the budget.

There is a place in ibiza called "the San Miguel beach club" look online it's a three star all inclusive so in no way is it luxury but it's aimed at families with small children. I stayed in the San Miguel hotel which is part of the complex. Like I said it's pretty basic but families go there year after year and it's cheap and cheerful if anyone looking for a cheap break and it's right on the beach too x

I went away last July, the same holiday this year is £150 more expensive!! 😱

I work in a school so have to take my holls in the school holls and for the last two years gone off at easter to portugal same place and its worked out cheaper each year in fact booked for next year n already 25 quid each cheaper just kept checking on teletext. School fines are £60 per child per parent so if u have a couple of kids and ur hubby n wife then you will pay 120 per child and that doubles if you dont pay within three weeks i think it is :(

Two of my friends did 3 weeks in florida for their honeymoon in September. Cost them 1200 each for everything including first class plane, hotel, park tickets for the whole stay and luxury car hire. They said not booking through a rep meant they saved loads.

Yes we are, and yes they are lol

One daughter doing GCSE's another doing A levels so september right out, but would be nice apart from that. They rob you rotten, as my nan used to say :)

But we've been in the summer hols for the last few years, this year the prices seem higher than ever by quite a bit. And my friends holiday has literally doubled, for the same fortnight :(

Isn't it horrible when your kids are at the age where you wonder how many more holidays you've got together?

My two kids are doing GCSE and A levels this year but they are both finished exams before the rest break up so we are taking advantage of this and going on the 4th July? The flights are really cheap we are only going for a week they don't like spending too much time with us these days.

My two kids are doing GCSE and A levels this year but they are both finished exams before the rest break up so we are taking advantage of this and going on the 4th July? The flights are really cheap we are only going for a week they don't like spending too much time with us these days.

OOH thanks for that, I'll check with the school when they'll be all done. Certainly would be several hundred cheaper at the beginning of July, well worth paying the fine for :)

what years are yours in, mine are year 10 and 12

OOH thanks for that, I'll check with the school when they'll be all done. Certainly would be several hundred cheaper at the beginning of July, well worth paying the fine for :)

what years are yours in, mine are year 10 and 12

Hi mine are yr 11 and 12. Our kids finish as soon as the last exam so there is no fines there are no more lessons till Sept.
Check it out with your school.

Fines are per adult as well so for me it wld be £360 as I have 4 kids at a school we book our holiday privately so is slightly cheaper but flights are silly money

Fines are per adult as well so for me it wld be £360 as I have 4 kids at a school we book our holiday privately so is slightly cheaper but flights are silly money

So the school fines the adults as well? Did I read that right?x

Latest posts

Back