Best place to look for family holidays abroad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planky1

Premium Geek
Reaction score
We have decided come hell or high water, we are going abroad next year for a holiday. We haven't been abroad for about 8 years now and my little boy is desperate to go on a plane and go to a "proper holiday in another Country", so we have begun the search for somewhere for May/June next year. Over recent years, all we have done are short breaks in the UK, max of around 4 days due to finances but next year we want to go somewhere All Inclusive, 4 or 5* hotel and for 2 whole weeks!! :D

Other than the usual First Choice, Thomsons and Thomas Cook, can any of you recommend a good family tour operator?

We have been looking at Greece or Cyprus as we would like to go somewhere different from the usual Spain but that is still a relatively short flight for our sons first one. We also want it nice and hot with loads of family activities/entertainment, great pools and ideally with a kids club so there are things for our little boy to do a couple of hours a day, rather than just be in a pool all day long.

We've found a couple of really nice looking ones that we've bookmarked through First Choice and Thomsons but want to look at more to try and get the best deal. I'm also driving myself a bit mad looking at reviews on Trip Advisor, so am starting to ignore most of them because let's face it, us Brits love a good moan.

Any suggestions or recommendations of good hotels/tour operators would be most welcome :)

TIA xx

Hi

Icelolly.com is pretty good, we've used them twice now. There great for late deals. They also have a facebook page where they put all the latest deals up. x

Laura

I agree icelolly.con has some brilliant deals. Although I do normally book through Thomson or Thomas cook as I know they check out the hotels they have on their books so I kinda think they can't be that bad!

As for trip adviser I always check there but take everything with a pinch of salt. So far everywhere I've been there have been quite a few bad reviews but I think the hotels have been fab. Plus most people only think to write a review if something hasn't been very good!

I found teletext to be the cheapest when I went away earlier in the year. I checked most of the cheap sites they seemed to come out with the best deal. :)

Thanks guys, I've looked at all those sites. To be honest, I've found something that for me anyway, looks perfect. My husband likes it too but had been dismissing it because the 6 pools it has are all salt water and the reviews on trip advisor were all saying about the saltwater pools and how they don't like them, so it put him off.

However, having just spoken to a few friends about it this morning, they have said how much better for you saltwater pools are and so now I think I've convinced him we should go there :D I really hope he says yes, I feel really excited about it, it's beautiful and everything we could want out of a holiday is there. It's 5* and still quite new so prices aren't as much as they probably will be next year considering how amazing it looks. Just hope it's as good in the flesh as it looks on the site.

He's going to look at it again tonight, now we just need to find the deposit to book something....

Before you book it, have you looked on Money saving expert? Some people have saved lots by finding the actual holiday they want and then shopping around all the agents who sell it.

I've not done it myself as I book flights etc independent, but for a holiday you have described I would give it a shot to see if savings could be made.

Look at first choice holiday villages! They have everything you've mentioned one in Greece is fab, Cyprus is beautiful and Tenerife has had loads if money spent on it "golden mile" has lovely hotels!

I've just got back from Bulgaria, it's a 3hour flight so nt very long at all, weather is lovely,new tayed n the quiet part of sunny each not the party area! We booked through co op, but take a look at ice lolly.com or book flights and hotel separate and save yourself some pennies!! X

I've been on holiday and swam in salt water pools, I didnt really see much of an issue. Dont let that change your mind
Travel zoo is great too.

Where ever you go enjoy it!

We've always booked with thomas cook and cant fault them as a company.

The hotel OHs family stayed in when we were in Crete was fab though. About 4/5 pools inc kids pool, adult pool and pool with flumes. It was all inclusive aswell (snanks very tasy) and has a kids club.

If i remember rightly it was the mareblu village in hersonisis bout 20mins transfer from airport and crete is around 4 1/2 hr flight. Beautiful island aswell.

Hth
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I8150 using SalonGeek

Lowcostbeds / lowcostholidays

From my Travel Agent days - highly recommended!

Latest posts

Back