Is it frowned upon to bowl soak off Shellac with Brisa?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terrimouse

Reaction score
Hi there
I just wondered what your thoughts were on soaking off client's shellac that has been heavily laid with brisa light?

I have had huge success with my clients that have weak, thin, shalling nails who struggle to keep the shellac chip free for two weeks by using extra coats of the brisa light on top of the colour.

For example my own mother who works with her hands and talks with her hands (lots of finger tapping etc) and has the thinnest most peely nails ever who could only keep her shellac manicure nice for no more than 5 days, now has an amazing 4 weeks totally chip free and would go longer if it were not for regrowth.

My only problem is the soak off takes sooooo long with the wraps so with her i soak in the little soak off dishes and its cut the time right down.

Would this be bad practice with other clients in your mind?
(Those of course who have had the extra re-enforcement)

I don't charge for removals when its a reapply

Many thanks

xxx

Yes it is frowned upon really.

How long does it take atm? Are you using genuine CND Shellac? x

Your problem may well be with the way you're using your brisa lite. It is designed to work with its own base coat and go in one thin layer (for smoothing gel) underneath your shellac. You'd then go in with your colour and finish with a shellac topcoat.

If you do it this way removal will be simple and quick. Bowl soaking is wasteful, unnecessary and exposes more of the skin to acetone which is not a good idea at all.

If you're using brisa lite sculpting you may need to debunk with a blizzard file before wrapping but again this would be used under shellac not on top.

Hope that helps a bit.

Totaaly agree with bellle vie, i didnt read yr post thoroughly and didnt see the bit about brisa lite

Yes i do use genuine CND products purchased from the sweetsquared website. And i do use the full brisa system (base & top coat).

I just found using the brisa over the shellac worked better for my mum as it gave a good effect to the nail art i do. I am aware of the correct procedure though and i do use it.

Soak off usually took about 30 mins and thats with a light buff before applying the wraps but when using my little soak off bowls (ones that you would usually use to soak off nail extensions - to which i now no longer do due to lack of demand) i found that the time was reduced to about 10 mins. I've been doing my mum's nails this way since before Christmas last year and have since used it on a few other clients who struggle to maintain their shellac manicure due to weaker nails etc. although i only soak off my mums nails with the bowls, everyone else has the wraps. My reputation is important to me.

I just wondered what everyone else’s views on this were.

xxx

Not only is it frowned upon but it is also not correct CND protocol for shellac or Brisa lite removal. Your insurance won't cover you as you are not following manufacturers guidlelines for removal either if your client developed any issues.
You are potentially overexposing your clients to a harsh chemical on a more regular basis than you would when doing enhancements as you wouldn't be soaking them off every 2/3 weeks.
Buff the nails down to a super thin layer then wrap and soak off, it is going to take you longer to soak than normal due to all the layers, the topcoat of shellac is tougher and takes longer for acetone to penetrate and the Brisa lite itself is tougher than either product so you are setting yourself up for longer removal than normal.
HTH
Jen

I think most people don't do it as it uses a lot more product and can dry the skin hut if it's working for you then there's no need to worry x

ah appreciate your replies

Many thanks

:D

xxx

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you use brisa lite sculpting gel as a strengthening layer it goes on after the base layer. Shellac then goes over the top of this.
For removal you wrap for the appropriate time to just remove the shellac. You then buff off any remaining colour and thin down the hard gel. You can then reapply gel/Shellac as required. So basically you don't soak off the brisa.
Brisa sculpting gel is a 60 min soak off according to my CND info sheets.

Exactly what I was going to say. Probably shouldn't be on here, but looking to start up and have my own stuff, also been having CND shellac manicures for years in my local salon and others around however I always go back to my local. They do exactly this, I work in B&Q and struggle to feel girly. I am consistently lifting things, getting my hands squashed, doing 'manly' jobs and I still manage to have beautiful long shaped girly nails that last a good 4-5 weeks. My current set is from Xmas eve. This is all down to the gel application to strengthen them. And I can tell you now there is absolutely no way I would sit there as a customer any longer than I already do in my 'bowl' of remover which does take about 10-15 mins. We used wraps once and it takes far too long. I'd rather pick it off and do damage myself. My nails havnt been without shellac Polish for years and are in perfect health, have never seen white spots and my local salon is a tiny shop in a village that's going from strength to strength.
I say whatever works for you and your customers
I think by the sound of it you're having something a little stronger than a layer of Brisa lite under your Shellac tbf [emoji5]️
Brisa lite with shellac soaks off in around 10 mins with wraps.

Picking off will always always cause damage which, for the sake of anyone reading who isn't aware, will then weaken your natural nails and compromise the strength of any product then applied - I know you only meant hypothetically but just wanted to clarify [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back