Is it necessary to have a fire extinguisher in your salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
I'm starting up a cabin based beauty room in the new year and am trying to find some information on what you are required to have in regards to a fire extinguisher.

I've picked out a smoke alarm and was thinking of getting a CO2 extinguisher for my own piece of mind. Are they required though? Is there a law?

thanks in advance xx

Definitely! Check out the Regulatory Reform (previously Fire Safety) Reform Laws, there's a whole host of other legislation (H&S, First Aid, PPE, RIDDOR, Data Protection...etc.) you will need to comply with too.

Once you have complied with that, it would be wise to have a Fire Risk Assessment check done on your premise to make sure all the Fire Exits and Extinguishers are suitable. The extinguishers need to be regularly checked too!

Check with your local council regarding your salon legislation, and most importantly your Insurance :)

Thankyou so much! I've been googling and i must not have got the wording right because i couldn't find anywhere that had the legislation written down. xx

If you look at www.hse.gov.uk you should find ALL the information you need and more!!! lol

Debbs xo

Latest posts

Back