Is it right or wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suse82

Reaction score
I work at home and have done for nearly 2yrs, I'm building a home salon as I'm getting so busy which is all good 👍. But I also rent a chair in a little salon on a Friday and my day consists of little old ladies coming in getting their shampoo & set for the week and I have the odd colour and few trims. I gained these clients through a lady that had retired in January. I have now decided I'm too busy at home to keep this on, and want to fully concentrate on my home salon business. I'm a bit confused as what to do, it's only the salon owner that works there and she says she's too busy to take on any other weekly regulars, But there is loads of 6 weekly trims etc feel guilty for these little old ladies, do I give some clients my number or not & is it right?

Morally I think it's wrong. If they didn't come with you, they shouldn't leave with you. HTH x

I would ask the salon owner, if she definatly can't fit them in, then they will have to go somewhere else, may aswell be to yours, but if she can do them I wouldn't give them your number as they were the salons clients :) x

You were self employed in the salon so when these old lady clients came to you, they became your clients. You should have been keeping your own records and therefore, must take these with you to comply with Data Protection law.

Definitely give them the details of your home salon but they may prefer to carry on visiting their regular salon and take pot luck with whoever rents your chair in future.

They only 'belong' to the salon if you were an employee.

It's really important that fellow geeks understand this as it's a fundamental principle of the Data Protection Act.

I found a hairdresser that I loved at a local salon & I left with her as she was my preference to do my hair. The owner had done my hair when hairdresser was on holiday & she was crap tbh so I'd have no guilt giving clients your number. At the end of the day clients pay so they should be entitled to have the choice. If the want to stay they will stay but especially with older ladies they will appreciate the relationship that you have built with them.
I've lost nail clients & it's a pain but live & let live I say 😃

Thanks for the replies, it's a tricky one, I see both sides of views. I'm in tomorrow and I'll need to break the news to all the ladies I'll not ask them if they'd like to come with me I'll let them approach me I think.

How did this pan out?

How did this pan out?

Hi I told her I was leaving and I'm working till the end of May, the little old ladies have asked her for appts and she has actually taken most of them on. The colours I do they have asked if I can still do their hair so I told them I would at home I think if clients ask then I will. It's not like I'm chasing them to come to me.

So were you employed at the salon or self employed?

Self employed I rented a chair

Latest posts

Back