Is it time for a change?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geminikelli

Reaction score
Hi all

I have this niggling question going round my head non stop but also the saying if its not broke don't fix it.

Basically I use good quality products but keep thinking let's have a change.

For example I use lycon but keep thinking let's try berinswax, shellac but I want to try gelish, eve Taylor but want to try something else.

I don't know why I feel like this but I do get bored easily and love a change, I think it's because I just keep looking a treatment list and think on same old same old.

So my question to you is do you change products? If so when and why? Do you feel clients need a change ?

Think I'm over analysing it as I see the treatment list day in day out but worry clients think oh nothing new each time.

Hi all

I have this niggling question going round my head non stop but also the saying if its not broke don't fix it.

Basically I use good quality products but keep thinking let's have a change.

For example I use lycon but keep thinking let's try berinswax, shellac but I want to try gelish, eve Taylor but want to try something else.

I don't know why I feel like this but I do get bored easily and love a change, I think it's because I just keep looking a treatment list and think on same old same old.

So my question to you is do you change products? If so when and why? Do you feel clients need a change ?

Think I'm over analysing it as I see the treatment list day in day out but worry clients think oh nothing new each time.
I feel like this from time to time but can honestly say that with the possible exception of Shellac (which I don't use) most of my clients have absolutely no interest in the products I am using. As long as your products are not available to the general public then professional salon products keep the clients happy. It may be a different story if you retail but I don't.

I find the best way to keep boredom at bay is to tinker with my treatments and devise new one using the products I have. Sometimes it is useful to go and have a couple of treatments yourself and see if you can pick up any new ideas to incorporate into your own treatments. Keep on eye on what other treatments therapists and salons are offering and see if you can offer those to your clients.

Another relatively inexpensive way to fend off boredom is to change your treatment room around, add some new accessories, change your candle holders and music etc. I really love doing that and am always picking up something pretty for my salon and it keeps it fresh for me and my clients!

HTH
PB
x

I think we all have spells of thinking that other products may be better than what we use at the moment. I don't think it hurts to try other options, as long as its not going to cost a lot of initial outlay..for example, I do Gelish and love it, but everyone raves about Shellac (I appreciate the differences in product and why) so instead of splashing out on Shellac bottles, top/base coat and another lamp, the obvious thing to do is find a salon locally and go and try it for myself..at least that way I would be getting a bit of 'me' pampering:wink2:
What I have found by changing my wax brand, for example, is that the difference in the 2 I trialled is minimal, but there might be something I try that suits me and my clients better, but you won't know till you try it! x

I think it's great to open our eyes and try other products! If finances allow it then there's no reason not to!

Variety is the spice of life!

Latest posts

Back