Is it unprofessional to use guides for French manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it works for you, .... do it, but doing French is kinda like doing sculptures, there is a bit of professional snobbery about it .... (sorry luvs).

Many will show you before and afters, very few will show you the crap and tidying up in between ...... it's not all that easy, not to mention the hypocrisy about base coats, then wiping said base coat off with other chemicals.

Its all about practice ..... I actually grab my brush between my fingers (which fans it out), dip it back in the bottle and you have a better surface/brush to work with .... here's a link to an old youtube video of mine which will give you some idea .... I'll try and find the one where I show the fanning of the brush too ...
Good luck and keep on practising ...

French Polish - YouTube

Last edited:
Many will show you before and afters, very few will show you the crap and tidying up in between ...... it's not all that easy, not to mention the hypocrisy about base coats, then wiping said base coat off with other chemicals.

What do you mean? I don't understand. x

Sallys also has the Dashing Diva French Wraps. They are so easy to work with.

My personal opinion... Steer clear of guides!!
French absolutely petrifies me! I have avoided it like the plague for a year...until last week...! I had a new.client book in for shellac...i went along and both her and her mum wanted French...eek! So i thought id use my guides - big mistake! I got in such a mess and peeling off the guides i found the shape didn't match her nails, what a waste of time, effort and product. So i started again and had to bit the bullet and my freehand went on great, real confidence boost, i haven't stopped practicing since.
Definitely no more guides for me

Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back