Is it weird naming a home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzyBee12

Reaction score
I am setting up doing nails from a room in my home and have named it as a nail lounge. I've designed my logo and website and now concerned I should have had it just my name as a nice logo.

I'm also worried the name is a bit pants and typical

Should I change to my name - nail technician?

Hi :) i think the name is great! Stick to it!

I haven't mentioned the name haha. It is (something) nail lounge. Just read back and looks like I have called it A Nail Lounge which is actually pretty cool. Damn

I have started with Gloss Nail Lounge. But maybe I should change it?

It's not weird at all....branding is good whether mobile ...home based or salon.....I like the nail lounge my friend works from her lounge and calls it the beauty lounge so don't think you need to add anymore to the name it says what it is on the tin so to speak which is great x

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I should just change it to Nail Lounge?

Hahaha that's funny.. I would leave it nail lounge though :)

I've already called it the other one. Can still go back and re do my logo and buy a new domain though if it is better to change it.

Right, just reading back I don't think what I've said is clear haha. So I've called it Gloss Nail Lounge - created my logo and collateral, bought a domain and produced my website. But the more I think about it, the more weird it seems (the name that is). Looking at some of your comments, I should change this to something like The Nail Lounge instead. Or maybe even my name - nail technician.

What do you think? I could spend some time tonight changing the logo and collateral and a could buy a new domain and move the website over. It creates more work but rather get it right first time.

Hi I think both myself and Monika have agreed that 'The Nail Lounge' sounds great and that's the name you should go for.....however if you have already named it the Gloss Nail Lounge then I wouldn't change everything now but in saying that I changed my flyers name logo ect twice before I knew I had it right this was before I advertised baring in mind....it's your name your business so go with what you prefer x

I like "the nail lounge" it rolls of the tongue well and makes me envisage a chilled out relaxed opulent environment to get my nails done [emoji4]

I now work at home and have kept my business name. As long as the name is not registered or trade marked to another business doing the same as you, there is no problem.

My home-based nail business has a business nail, similar to my avatar name.

I like Gloss Nail Lounge, it's different.... I suspect there are quite a few Nail Lounge's scattered around the country, be different.

Latest posts

Back