Is it worth doing another course in acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikala-nails

Reaction score
Hiya,

I passed my acrylic course in March and I have a good few clients but I still have no confidence what so ever!
I learned with NSI and to be honest there's so many things I wasn't taught, I've seen that a salon near to me is doing courses teaching with the 'Young Nails' which I have seen on Instagram ect is a really good brand.
I'm thinking of doing another course just because I can have all the questions I have answered and it might gain my confidence.
Do you think it's a waste of money or worth doing?
I also wanted to go a Gel nail course too!
Thanks in advance :)
X

What is it that your lacking confidence with? It may be something we can help with? When I was newish and lacking confidence it wasn't in my ability or application, I just lacked confidence been with random people, as I can be a little shy.. But another course wouldn't of helped me with that, I just had to push myself for the first few clients.. If you have any questions fire away and I'll see if I can help? :) x

Both brands you mention are really good. However, instead of changing brand and learning a whole new system can you not book a 1:1 with your NSI trainer? You could have 2 or 3 hours of her undivided attention where she can watch you work and answer all those questions you have.

What is it that your lacking confidence with? It may be something we can help with? When I was newish and lacking confidence it wasn't in my ability or application, I just lacked confidence been with random people, as I can be a little shy.. But another course wouldn't of helped me with that, I just had to push myself for the first few clients.. If you have any questions fire away and I'll see if I can help? :) x
I just feel like they aren't as good as they can be really! Not long after I passed one of my clients got fungi and that proper knocked my confidence,I mustn't of covered the nail properly and water had got in because I'm so clean and keep my tools in Barbacide ect! I feel like another course may help though because you just don't think to ask certain things when your learning do you xx

Last edited:
Both brands you mention are really good. However, instead of changing brand and learning a whole new system can you not book a 1:1 with your NSI trainer? You could have 2 or 3 hours of her undivided attention where she can watch you work and answer all those questions you have.
To be honest the girl I trained with wasn't the best,she was always messing me round,I asked her a month or two ago if I could go back to go over I fills with her but I didn't hear back,think now she's had the money she doesn't want to know! Xx

To be honest the girl I trained with wasn't the best,she was always messing me round,I asked her a month or two ago if I could go back to go over I fills with her but I didn't hear back,think now she's had the money she doesn't want to know! Xx
Is there another local trainer for the brand instead? Maybe call their main head office and ask. Failing that if the brand aren't prepared to support you then perhaps finding another could be the right route for you.

Is there another local trainer for the brand instead? Maybe call their main head office and ask. Failing that if the brand aren't prepared to support you then perhaps finding another could be the right route for you.
I spoke to the lady today who does the Young Nails course and she said she will do a refresher course! Going to go in and show her what I can do and go from there :) xx

I use NSI products and love them. I trained in CND, and then used Young Nails before switching to NSI..
Going to another system will take you longer to perfect your application as you will have to learn the liquid and powder ratio again. Young Nails are a great brand, and so are CND. But I am very happy with NSI, the price is very affordable in comparison, and I have never had a problem with the system.
As a nail tech, you possible will try several brands before you find one that you love:) so look for just refresher courses, but I seriously would not retrain..that seems like an added expense to me.
Good luck....

I use NSI products and love them. I trained in CND, and then used Young Nails before switching to NSI..
Going to another system will take you longer to perfect your application as you will have to learn the liquid and powder ratio again. Young Nails are a great brand, and so are CND. But I am very happy with NSI, the price is very affordable in comparison, and I have never had a problem with the system.
As a nail tech, you possible will try several brands before you find one that you love:) so look for just refresher courses, but I seriously would not retrain..that seems like an added expense to me.
Good luck....
Yeah the lady said at Young Nails said I will do a refresher course with her because it's a waste of money for me to start from scratch..I also want to learn the e file so I'm excited to get started :) x

Ive trained with CND and NSI. Both excellent products. Both different to work with. NSI have some amazing educators on their team, it's a shame and unfortunate the one you had let you down. If it was me I'd give head office a call and explain your dilema and book a 1 to 1 with another educator. Hth

Latest posts

Back