Is my client maybe allergic after a manicure??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linhluo

Reaction score
Hi guys!!

I am sooo stressed out!! I did a manicure on my friend earlier today, it's her first time... And an hour after all her fingers are feeling sore, and it's still sore [22:45 right now] I'm a little worried and I don't know what wrong... I've figured it myt b an allergic reaction to the stuff I was using on her... I also did manicures on three other girls [as we were having a little get-together]... So far none of them had the same problem...

I've suggested to wash her hands in case it was the hand cream... But she's washed it a few times and her fingers still feel sore... I don't know what else to suggest... Does anyone have any ideas?... I've also askd whether she's been allergic to any skin products before and she said she's never had any problem...

Was it just an ordinary manicure she had? Did you enhance the nails? Did you buff the surface of her nails and go a bit too far and thin them? Did you use any essential oils? Not much to go on in your post to help with advice. Are her nails just sore or itching? Has she any blisters or redness. More info needed.

It was a standard manicure; file, soak, cuticle work, massage and a buff as she doesnt wear colour on her nails. I did the same with the other girls and nothing happened to them, so I guess it's jus her. I've just checked up on her and she said it's fine now. So I really don't know what really happened there.

Well if you don't have a clue then we can't make an educated guess .. but it obviously was not an allergic reaction .. or you would definitely KNOW it ... maybe she is just a bit precious!! ?

You know, a long time ago I did a manicure on a lady and afterwards she said the same thing. When I looked at the back of her nails, I realized that her hyponichium was growing far beyond her nailbed! She wasn't bleeding but I guess it started feeling sore afterwards. Maybe you can take a look at her nails and see?

Could your cuticle work have been a bit too firm or too much work with the cuticle nippers? Difficult to say really. Can you see your client to get a better idea? Has she said if it is her skin that is sore or a specific area on her nails etc? :hug:

Sorry for the late reply... Took me forever to look for this post!!

The cuticle work i did was... I only used the nippers to take off the dead skin sticking out from the nailplate after pushing it back...

I really think she's sensitive... didnt realise she was THAT sensitive!!

Her fingers stopped being sore after a day or two... or mayb she wasnt use to the tingling feeling? Who knows, eh??

Sorry for the late reply... Took me forever to look for this post!!

The cuticle work i did was... I only used the nippers to take off the dead skin sticking out from the nailplate after pushing it back...

I really think she's sensitive... didnt realise she was THAT sensitive!!

Her fingers stopped being sore after a day or two... or mayb she wasnt use to the tingling feeling? Who knows, eh??

If you log in and immediately click on settings at the top of the page .. it will instantly show you any posts you have done that have had replies!!

Latest posts

Back