Is my IPL machine still effective after 20000 shots?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kikidee

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks

I have an IPL machine in my salon and it's coming close to 20000 shots. When I purchased the machine I was advised the head would do 100,000 shots but it would be less effective after 20000 shots so I should buy a new head every 20000 shots.

Have any other geeks experienced this and is their machine still effective after the 20000 or should I get a new head?

I'm not sure if it's a sales tactic or if I genuinely need a new head to give the customer. Any advce would be appreciated :p

Kiki xxx

May I ask what system you have? My husband works with IPL & laser systems & maybe able to independently advise

It's the Perfect Skn machine.

Thanks so much :biggrin: x

The more you use the shots the more the energy lessens so you may have to higher your settings to balance the difference which will mean your lamp will last that bit longer.

We generally change ours at 40,000 just to make sure our treatments are still as effective.

Take care! :)

Can the applicator not be refurbished? We have ours done at every 30,000 shots. Can't imagine having to buy an applicator at every 20,000 shots as our applicators cost over £2000 each :s

Latest posts

Back