Is ombré going out of fashion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are still learning lots of different techniques to achieve different takes on balyage, celebrity highlights is my fave, with the bulk of lighter colour around the bottom, fading to chunky highlights through the mid lengths then to finer highlights nearer the top which blends into the natural root colour :)

I think it takes some clients a year to think whether they are brave enough to have these new techniques! I've just got bored of the more common brown and blonde ends. Changed one client to red, I'll put on pic. But yeah balage is newer. It's still popular in the north west!! X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1388302953472.jpg
    1388302953472.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 338
Violet Vision that is lovely. It's true, you don't have to stick to the more common 'blonde ends'. Any colours can look good with a bit of imagination. It would be good to see more pics on here, why not share some more ideas :)

Bbh salon! That's beautiful! What colour did you use? Did she have any existing colour on it? X

Hi, she did, she had magma on the ends. I used matrix as I wanted to experiment. I pre-lightened with bleach and 6% for 20 mins, then used 6G on the mid-lengths and 10G on the ends.

Well it looks fantastic!! :)

I think the "extreme ombre" is becoming less popular, but a lot of clients have been asking for a more subtle color melting technique. Basically the roots are no more than 2-3 levels darker than the ends... clients then just come back for a root touchup and it's super low-maintenance.

I've found over the Christmas period just gone, I've done more Ombré, Dip Dyes (whatever you decide to call them) than ever before! I think its a great way of letting people tone down slightly for the Winter season whilst still allowing them to keep a bit of brightness to their hair, and still remain fashionable. Here's one i done recently... ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388833656.264610.jpg

I've found over the Christmas period just gone, I've done more Ombré, Dip Dyes (whatever you decide to call them) than ever before! I think its a great way of letting people tone down slightly for the Winter season whilst still allowing them to keep a bit of brightness to their hair, and still remain fashionable. Here's one i done recently... View attachment 51771

MDHairdressing; I love these soft colours, have you applied colour to the root through to mid lengths an if so, what colours have you used to achieve this look.
I have ombré which il post a pic of in a minute, but I'm trying to lighten up from a level 5 (tint) but keeping it soft looking without causing too much damage while I'm growing my hair :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388834835.267101.jpgthis was my ombré done in the salon by my friend using 20vol with pre lightener then matrix 8mm. My roots are more natural to my own colour as iv only been using quasi on regrowth for about 6 months to add tone (hiding a little grey haha). But for 3 years previous I was around a 4-5 using permanent colours. I'm hoping to be lighter ombré very soon :)

Latest posts

Back