Is the cheap gel polish the cause it chips of nails within a week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchie

Reaction score
Hi.... I'm still in learning process and try to figure out which products r the best and affordable.
I use the Balance gel from NSI and sticking with it. But I have different brands gel polish.... Trugel, Trosani ziplac and Elite 99 ( cheapest) I bought it because the color is what this client wanted and couldn't find it with others. She has her nails short(ish) but comes only every 5 weeks, to give her more strength I gel them and then polish, if I don't gel them the polish won't hold on the natural nail that long ( 5 weeks).... Now after one week the gelpolish chipped off I used the cheap gelpolish. But normally it all should hold without applying Gel before doesn't it?? English isn't mine first language, sorry if its all bit confusing . Thanks lady's

Hi.... I'm still in learning process and try to figure out which products r the best and affordable.
I use the Balance gel from NSI and sticking with it. But I have different brands gel polish.... Trugel, Trosani ziplac and Elite 99 ( cheapest) I bought it because the color is what this client wanted and couldn't find it with others. She has her nails short(ish) but comes only every 5 weeks, to give her more strength I gel them and then polish, if I don't gel them the polish won't hold on the natural nail that long ( 5 weeks).... Now after one week the gelpolish chipped off I used the cheap gelpolish. But normally it all should hold without applying Gel before doesn't it?? English isn't mine first language, sorry if its all bit confusing . Thanks lady's
Using a cheaper brand of gel polish is quite probably the case why they are
chipping, but also some clients will inevitably chip natural nails with a good brand gel polish. Hard gel or acrylic nails will hold a polish far better than the natural nail and this is why when you hard gel her nails and then gel polish that they can last up to 5 was. A gel polish isn't required on these nails as a normal polish will last, however clients love the shine of a gel top coat.

Thank for replying.... Yes I thought so much, regular polish takes sooo long to dry...20 years ago I had a topcoat for regular polish that dried under UV lamp, I don't know anymore which brand that was , but Google came up with nothing..... I was wondering if I could do just 1 first layer of hard gel and then gelpolish instead of the 3 layers, what you think?

Thank for replying.... Yes I thought so much, regular polish takes sooo long to dry...20 years ago I had a topcoat for regular polish that dried under UV lamp, I don't know anymore which brand that was , but Google came up with nothing..... I was wondering if I could do just 1 first layer of hard gel and then gelpolish instead of the 3 layers, what you think?
I'm not trained in hard gel therefore I'm not the best person to answer this, hope you get an answer soon x

Nsi have got a great range of gel polish, Polish Pro, as you already use their gels I would have thought it was the most natural step to take? They're a good company.

Keep your cheap gel polish for that 1 lady if she insists on it but get in a decent range and do yourself justice. X

Thank you.....
Just been reading about the " Go color" from NSI and sounds promising

Latest posts

Back