Is there a market for express nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi dragging up an old thread here but just wondered if anyone is still finding this popular? If so do you use nail polish or something like Shellac? How many nails do you provide per set? Any ideas on how to get the correct size if the client is too far away for a consultation?

I started doing this and it picked up really quickly - I sold on Facebook, DePop and eBay.
I used regular nail polish and I used to send do 20 nails - 2 of each size. I would then provide glue and a small nail file and package in a little tie bag.
I was only charging about £6 per basic set on average plus £2.50 postage and it was working out about £3 profit on each set.
You could definitely charge more for gel polish and I used to charge more for Swarovski crystals or nail art etc.

If you have the time it's a handy little side business or hobby :)

I started doing this and it picked up really quickly - I sold on Facebook, DePop and eBay.
I used regular nail polish and I used to send do 20 nails - 2 of each size. I would then provide glue and a small nail file and package in a little tie bag.
I was only charging about £6 per basic set on average plus £2.50 postage and it was working out about £3 profit on each set.
You could definitely charge more for gel polish and I used to charge more for Swarovski crystals or nail art etc.

If you have the time it's a handy little side business or hobby :)

Did you have any issues posting out the nail glue? I would have assumed that there would be restrictions on this :/

Did you have any issues posting out the nail glue? I would have assumed that there would be restrictions on this :/

No I didn't have any issues - didn't ever see anything on not being able to send them to be honest :confused:
Anything through Facebook was collection and then eBay was via post bought online - considering how strict they are I just assumed there was nothing wrong with this.
Oops! I don't do these any more so no glue being sent :oops:

I will have to double check into it. I just assumed that because its chemicals etc that there may be an issue. :/ not sure to be honest lol.
Did you get much interest? If you dont mind me asking lol

I will have to double check into it. I just assumed that because its chemicals etc that there may be an issue. :/ not sure to be honest lol.
Did you get much interest? If you dont mind me asking lol

I didn't even think to look really!
Course not - I did get quite a bit yes especially through eBay. I think people like the idea of having stick on nails with a more natural finish to them, I had a lot of people who work for the NHS interested as obviously they can't wear full time.
There's quite a lot of people selling these now though so not sure how well it would do any more. Customisable designs were always popular though as many just offer painted nails :)

My old workplace used these and they were popular than acrylic, fibreglass and gel. We used to get atleast 4 weeks+ client wear i also use them out of work now and charge £25 with shellac on top.

Thanks for your replies. Very helpful x

Back