Is there a market for express nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never done this myself, I just cringed at the thought of clients using who knows what on their nails :)

Laura xx

Laura, do you find that the tabs hold as well as adhesive would?

I must be clear, I am not making these nails to be worn for long periods of time, they are reusable with the double sided tabs and are generally worn for an evening.

The tabs serve this purpose. I would never advise wearing them longer than this as things could get under them easily. Also, if a glue adhesive is used it renders the product unusable, which is totally opposite to the purpose that I sell my nails as.

I must be clear, I am not making these nails to be worn for long periods of time, they are reusable with the double sided tabs and are generally worn for an evening.

The nail glue and being worn for long periods of time was my main concern as I certainly don't want to be responsible for a whole load of damaged nails or bacterial infections. Nail tabs will be the way forward.....

Ok so just creating some express nails :D

How many tabs do you give the client with your set? Do you give them more than 10 just incase?

Attachments

• IMG_8011.jpg
    IMG_8011.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 530
View attachment 45276View attachment 45278

These are 3 sets I have done. Just bought the boxes of nail & painted them & when the girl came to collect them we sat & made sure they fit her fingers, if tgey didnt I would have just painted the extra few there & then. Still getting a feel to it as they are my first two sets to sell like that.

The white ones were for a debs & the girl had already bought & applied them herself so I just painted them as I would normal nails, this worked out really handy :)

These look fantastic, how did you get the houndstooth pattern so neat?! Mine never look that great :(

I did come on this page for a reason not to ask about houndstooth!

I'd never even heard of this before but one of my clients came to me because her daughter wanted nail art for her prom a few months ago. She said she didn't want them for very long because they had a wedding to go to so she gave me a set of false nails she bought from boots and asked for them to be all nail art-ed up! I actually really enjoyed doing them as well! She gave me £10 for the nail art (she wanted to give me £25) but because I just did them on all the ones that she gave me (not sure how many, maybe 20+) it didn't really take me as long as I thought and her daughter loved them.

These look fantastic, how did you get the houndstooth pattern so neat?! Mine never look that great :(

Ah thank you :) i just painted the squares first then added on the other lines at the end! Great patience is needed for houndstooth!

Think I'm going to sit and practice them tonight!! :) (is it sad that practicing nail art is my Saturday night?)

Think I'm going to sit and practice them tonight!! :) (is it sad that practicing nail art is my Saturday night?)

No way, thats considered a good night in my opinion :)

I've been stalking this thread with interest! I've bought a few hundred square and almond tips on fleabay, along with tabs and glue. My daughter is 16 and very arty, is doing her beauty level 2 and can't find a part time job. Sooooo, I'm gifting it to her, she can use my products (NOT THE GELISH HAHA) and hopefully she can make a few pennies through friends at college and fb. Thanks for your inspiration peeps :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been stalking this thread with interest! I've bought a few hundred square and almond tips on fleabay, along with tabs and glue. My daughter is 16 and very arty, is doing her beauty level 2 and can't find a part time job. Sooooo, I'm gifting it to her, she can use my products (NOT THE GELISH HAHA) and hopefully she can make a few pennies through friends at college and fb. Thanks for your inspiration peeps :) xx

Just sent you a PM x

I've tried 3 or 4 times to reply, but they keep disappearing :/ xx

I've tried 3 or 4 times to reply, but they keep disappearing :/ xx

got 2 of them hunni.. thank you! xxxx

Im watching this thread with interest! Just wondered how u guys present them, if ur buying job lots from ebay how do you package them to look nice? Or do they already come in like packs of 20?
Also what do paint then with just normal polish, vinylux?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Im watching this thread with interest! Just wondered how u guys present them, if ur buying job lots from ebay how do you package them to look nice? Or do they already come in like packs of 20?
Also what do paint then with just normal polish, vinylux?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I did mine with just some normal polish then put on a fast drying top coat. I just popped them back in the box she gave them in but I guess you could buy some nice little gift boxes from a card shop :) x

Little organza bags for mine, pennies on ebay, plus, you can put a hole into a 'display' nail and loop through the ribbon tie. That way people can see what's in the bag, without manhandling them lol xx

Here's a few I've done =) not got round to selling them yet though, don't know what to charge =s ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382880110.488607.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382880137.021581.jpg

Little organza bags for mine, pennies on ebay, plus, you can put a hole into a 'display' nail and loop through the ribbon tie. That way people can see what's in the bag, without manhandling them lol xx

What a cute idea putting one on the ribbon!

Probably a daft question but how do you hold them while your painting them, imagine it could be fiddly picking them up and putting them down without smudging!

Here's some of mine, been doing these for a while for people

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 307
Back