Is there a market for express nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyR

Reaction score
Hi i have just seen a girl on facebook with a business of doing nail art on those stick on nails. She seems to have got a good customer base and she will post them out to you. Is there a market for the likes of this for people who cant wear gel or acrylic due to work etc or is it a tacky business?

The people I know of that do this also offer Shellac treatments locally to them.
Their nail art is amazing and I do think it's a nice idea for those that can't have anything permanent done.

I hate stick on nails.
They're bad for your nails as they ping off easily and can quite easily get infections underneath where there are air bubbles from the nail glue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believe they use these a lot at fashion shows - lots of articles in magazines about them recently.

This is something I was considering doin!! Wasn't sure if there would b a market for it and not sure what I would charge?! Xx

We offer these in our salon and market them as 'Nails To Go'. We find they are a popular choice for people who love nail art, but can't allow for more permanent enhancements like acrylics.
We buy a box of nails then spend our time decorating them in various designs ready made, or we offer appointments for people to come and get their nails measured and have a custom made set so they can have the design and colours they choose :)
Prices vary depending on how intricate the nail art is, and we add a small fee for custom made sets to allow the time for a consultation.
but to get an idea of what to charge have a look at packs of nails in boots/superdrug etc. to see what sort of prices they are there :)
They have proved to be a popular choice in our salon :) hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any other questions xxx

I'm interested to see what kind of designs people like for these. Please can you share her Facebook page so can have a nosey?!

This is something I have thought about doing for ages and have had a friend request them.

I wouldn't be sure whether to provide glue etc and what to advise for removal?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

This sounds like a good idea, do you just retail them or fit them aswell and where do you buy the full nails from as I have only seen tips at my wholesalers xx

I've just had my first order and I have saod I would charge £15 including postage nut not sure whether I should include the adhesive?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381696924.044615.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381696942.995135.jpg

These are 3 sets I have done. Just bought the boxes of nail & painted them & when the girl came to collect them we sat & made sure they fit her fingers, if tgey didnt I would have just painted the extra few there & then. Still getting a feel to it as they are my first two sets to sell like that.

The white ones were for a debs & the girl had already bought & applied them herself so I just painted them as I would normal nails, this worked out really handy :)

This is such a good idea!! I think the stick on nails are great for a night out and for someone who doesn't want permanent falsies !! I use the French stick on lots of times for a quick fix and to look presentable x

I've just had my first order and I have saod I would charge £15 including postage nut not sure whether I should include the adhesive?

I'm not really into these at all but in my opinion you should supply glue or who know what they will use!? Haha super super glue off Matilda springs to mind.

Laura xx

I have decided to make this into a stand alone side of my business due to increased interest.

I supply adhesive tabs (the same ones used at LFW) by elegant touch.

My sets consist of 20 nails (to be sure of correct fit) if being made and posted. If its local they have a fitting.

For single colour and painted art prices start from £12.50, and I offer all sorts of 3D art, etc.

I package them in a 10 section tip box with a clip on lid, easy to be posted and to store them in.

Where are you getting your tips and tabs from Laura?

They sound great. Where do you get the tabs from? Do these hold as well as glue?

I've ordered some nails on a spine and there are 6 different sizes/12 nails but perhaps I'd be better buying mixed size tips?

Was this to me? Sorry if it is I don't know what your asking. Blonde moment maybe :)

Laura xx

I get my tabs from elegant touch, and tips from eBay.

It was proving quite tricky to find long full cover tips, a lot of the sets of tips you find are a more wearable length, but I make a lot of nails for drag performers, and they like them LONG!!

I do have tip cutters so will shape accordingly.

Laura, do you find that the tabs hold as well as adhesive would?

Latest posts

Back