is there a shampoo/product can buy to help my daughters scalp -desperate!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
hi there
just popping over from nails - not sure if anyone will be able to help / advise
bit yuk but here goes ..my 15 yr old daughter is constantly picking at her head, she picks at little spots over and over again until they turn into little sores .. i dont think its exma or any sort of infection - she's a little OCD and i think she goes out of her way to find little bumps on her head and just picks at them until they bleed .. she seems to try and do it in secret too and gets embarassed if myself or one of her sisters catches her - anyway, she point blank refuses to go to the doctors so i wondered is there anything i could buy over the counter to perhaps encourage her to put on the sores to give them a chance to heal or even a shampoo - ive seen that horrible dark one smells of tar thought that might help
i just hope it isnt some sort of skin condition as she totally refuses to go to the doctors so i can only assume its OCD/stress related seemed to come on after split from my husband . and its such a shame as she has beautiful blonde hair, but can see these awful little sores on her scalp and now avoids hair dressers, although to be honest i think they'd refuse to cut her hair anyway
has anyone come across this before, is there anything she could put on the sores to help them heal .. i keep thinking if we can get them to heal she'll have nothing to pick and is there a condition that would cause these little spots / bumps to appear in the first place ?

Last edited:
my cousin used to do the same, i do think its an ocd thing as that was what my cousin was like but hers got so bad her hair thinned out, try get your daughter to take a multivitamin esp for hair and nails also it might help , if her sores on her head arnt healing very fast you could put a bit of diluted dettol on em i used to put iot on my spots when i was a kid , lol
i would try talking to her and really try get her to the docs as i think it needs addressing if shes got tendancies for this sorta thing you dont want it getting worse xxx

Latest posts

Back