Is there enough business for everyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnythecat

Reaction score
Ive just come back from a local high street. Its most definitely not a prosperous area but since i last visited (maybe a year) SIX nails/hair/basic beauty salons have opened within 300 feet of each other.

In the row of shops near me FOUR hair and nails salons have opened in the same time, plus TWO already there.

Also, i can think of five people who have bought some kit and are doing nails from home.

Dont get me wrong, i genuinely wish all of them good luck.

But is there really that much business to be had out there? I wonder.

I used to think that there was plenty but this year there has been, like you say alot of people setting up and here it's more home-base. I'm lucky, I have 10 experience but there is a lot of newly qualified therapist out there setting up and struggling to build up a client base.

There is a big price war and I'm not going there.

Nor me. Ive been trying to focus on being better and better at what i do, figuring that enough people will pay a reasonable price for a top notch treatment (well, hopefully top notch!).

It's seems the opposite to where I am, we live in a very suburban area, quite affluent in places and beauty salons are opening and closing down within a year or two. Definitely dog eat dog at the moment. :(

Latest posts

Back