Is this a bad career move?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly190

Reaction score
Im nearly done with my nvq nail service training, But whilst Ive been training Ive been getting quite allot of chest infections and my prtner has read me all the negatives about been a nail technician and I am now giving it some thought on weater I should do nail extensions at all and just do Manicure & Pedicures.

Storing my kit is a bit of an issue aswell as its in my car and you can smell it when you get in it as its not ideal but im trying my best to store it to the best I can as I live in a flat and cnt really store it anywhere else.

I just feel like ive wasted time on the course but at the same time dnt want bad health because of it.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Im nearly done with my nvq nail service training, But whilst Ive been training Ive been getting quite allot of chest infections and my prtner has read me all the negatives about been a nail technician and I am now giving it some thought on weater I should do nail extensions at all and just do Manicure & Pedicures.

Storing my kit is a bit of an issue aswell as its in my car and you can smell it when you get in it as its not ideal but im trying my best to store it to the best I can as I live in a flat and cnt really store it anywhere else.

I just feel like ive wasted time on the course but at the same time dnt want bad health because of it.

Any advise would be great.

I think you should defo do extension. Aslong as to take care of yourself youll be fine. Look at how many nail techs there are compared to how many are ill because of this. There are side effects with every job in life.

As for the kit how much do you have? you could buy a carry case which isnt that big and keep your stuff in there. x

I don't have a great lot but my partner wont allow me to store it inside but on the same note is moaning coz its flammable in the car im tempted to finish the course and do a make up course instead, its causing to much agro coz im always getting moaned at and I know not everyone gets ill but im constantly ill and that part annoys me but for my fella its the storing of the chemicals and he gets annoyed hearing me coughing all the time and its just doing my head in, I do love the job but is it really worth all te hassle.

Sorry to rant but im confused what to do.

There really is no reason why your products should smell when not used!
make sure you wipe the lids of monomer as even a slight drip on there will be enough to smell all night, remove all wipes etc out your bags

As for the coughing, could it be that when you are making your nails your leaning right over them, the fumes could be going straight into your mouth and nose, try sitting back a bit also keep the monomer dish away from you.

As for the boyfriend he seems a bundle of joy lol :) x

Hello, are you using a metal case to store them in, look on ebay type beauty case, or beauty box into ebay. Metal lidded bin when practicing as this will stop the waste you create smelling out the room. Also you should not be storing your products in the car as they are flammable, If you get a metal case then they should not be smelling at all. Also dispose of waste outside, as then there will be no smells. As for the dust, you can wear a mask, you can get the proper graded masks like builders wear, they look exactly the same as regular masks but have been proven to keep dust out. (google it you will find the info and places to buy them). Also you could buy a fuminator, www.nsinails.com this is like a fan that sucks in the dust while you work. If you do a search on acrylic smell there will be lots more tips to help you.One thing I will say is please dont store your equipment in the car in hot weather, as it very dangerouse hun :hug:

I only carry the very small monimor as I do more gels at the min, I dont have a metal case but will look for one in a min, Thanks for all your advise, It is the monimor I can smell in the car so possibly a bit has seeped out so will have to give it a clean out.

As for my partner he is just concerned for health reasons, He just bugged me when he was going on about it. Its nice to see he cares.

Thanks for all the helpful advice,

hi,

just thought id say its probably not a good idea to store your products in the car full stop, it shouldnt be left to get very hot or very cold like it does in the sun or in winter overnight, im not sure but it cant be very good to keep them like that all the time, over time it might change ruin them and you wont be getting the best out of them.

iv been a mobile tech for 10 years and iv always kept it in a large plastic tool box lol (iv got so much stuff, cram just about everything in there) and i cant say iv ever noticed the smell, neither has my husband, my box just stays in my dinning room, but if you keep it in the bottom of your wardrobe or a cupboard im sure you will be fine.

you have probably spent a lot of money on your products, i wouldnt just leave them in your car : )

hope you keep at it, its always good to offer more service x

I am just looking at the beauty boxes but they seem quite small, 36w 24h 24d is this the size you have? for those who have them?

Look up beauty trolley, beauty case. Mine is a big one but they dont need to be huge. They have all different sizes, if you try to change your search a bit then different ones come up x:hug:

Latest posts

Back