Is this possible to achieve with Additives/Mica?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363946648.245184.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363946648.245184.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 224
I can't see why not. You'd do a cream puff base if using shellac, then you would have to mix 3 different purples up with either the mica or additives and fade into each other. As for the strips I've no idea how you'd do that Xx

I think you'd do the ombré effect in one direction first and then mask off the stripes and apply the ombré effect but in the other direction IYKWIM.

I was going to do some ironing but I think I'm going to sit and have a go at this look. I love a challenge. :)

I would think you would do your additive fade first and topcoat and cure. Then tape over this with striping tape and do another reverse additive fade and cure. Then remove striping tape and top coat.

I tried it last week with sponging Shellac but it wasn't as successful. You really need a proper depth of colour & my nail striping tape was only 1mm thick & I think it needs to be wider to give more definition.

YouTube

This is link for YouTube tutorial. X
Called reciprocal gradient nail art tutorial by simple little pleasures.

YouTube

This is link for YouTube tutorial. X
Called reciprocal gradient nail art tutorial by simple little pleasures.

I know I posted the same link above but wanted to know how it would be done with mica x

I know I posted the same link above but wanted to know how it would be done with mica x

I think it would be harder with mica as if you do the whole nail ombre and then do the reverse after taping you will be trying to get white over the top of the darker colour if that makes sense?perhaps yoi could do the ombré effect one way and then top coat and remove sticky layer then buff gently to rough surface and wipe with ipa again and then apply stripes of white using a striping brush, cure then do the reverse fade and the mica should only stick to the white stripes and then topcoat again?

Hth

x

Latest posts

Back