Is this right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte123

Reaction score
Hello just a quick question, Am I right in thinking the best way to achieve this would be the following.....

My co worker currently has this purple all over but wants to make her fringe the same as this blonde in the photo and keep the rest the purple.

Would it be best to use a colour remover on the parts she wants blonde to remove the purple out, and then prelightener it with 10v so it's low and slow or would she need a higher V ?? Xxx

Xx

Sorry forgot the photo!! Der!!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1420324129.157070.jpg xx

Well slow and low is always better but if there is a dark red/purple involved chances are that the hair turns mushy before getting to a blonde stage. Some pigments stick to the hair so it won't lift higher than salmony color.

What sort of colour is the existing purple?

Is it a permanent colour or a direct dye over bleach?
A colour reducer won't have any effect on a direct dye.

Also, I personally think the blonde stripes on the hairline look hideous. Can you persuade her against doing it?

I would colour remover and then lighten with 6% and just keep a close eye, as said by another geek colours like that are stubborn so may be tricky, depends what's on her hair at the moment and previous colour etc x

It's a matter of taste. I quite like them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd definitely use a gentle high quality lightener like silklift.

I'd definitely use a gentle high quality lightener like silklift.

I agree.

Not as gentle but I love blondme for lifting artificial pigment😊

I'd also be wary of green. I find a lot of purples have a green base. I'm not sure whether its to counter warmer tones or what but I've run into this issue quite a bit.

I've also lifted a few purples out that have turned a green aqua-ry colour ;)

Thanks geeks hmmm sounds like my worries are also most stylists when it comes to lifting out purples! 😁

I don't think she has the purple over any bleach from memory I think she actually did a permanent ages ago which faided out so she put a crazy colour on top , It now looks identical to the purple in this photo.

Seems mixed opinions on using a remover first and then lifting slowly??
Thinking that's my only option though unless I'm wrong?
If I can lift it to a salmon colour I could always put a toner on it couldn't I as she knows obviously it won't go that blonde on the first attempt?

I personally, for me, wouldn't have this colour but it would really suit my colleague she's so whacky and she would pull this off better than the girl in the photo Xxx

Well try your luck, of course it will go lighter, but the question is on what hue it will stop.
I can also recommend the blondeme9+ lightener with 20 vol.
Do you have access to OLAPLEX? Would be a live saver here!

A salmon blonde can be toned with 9.01 by dialight. An aqua/green blonde can be toned with blondeme strawberry/ maybe peach.

Can she really rock this color? I feel like after several atempts she wants her old hair back but then it's just fried.

Latest posts

Back