Is this weird or is it just me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a client that is 15 and has a Hollywood.
I had her mum with her for consultation (and sign consultation card)
I've told the family she can only have the treatment if a parent sits outside and signs the consultation card every time and I would prefer if mum/dad calls.

She is lovely and young but doesn't listen and cannot grasp booking in advance.

So sometimes her dad calls and it's always her dad that sits awkwardly outside (I feel sorry for the poor chap)

She has not long tried to book an appt but I'm fully booked until the 17th June so if you're in essex it might be her.

I've told the family she can only have the treatment if a parent sits outside and signs the consultation card every time and I would prefer if mum/dad calls.

So sometimes her dad calls and it's always her dad that sits awkwardly outside (I feel sorry for the poor chap)

She has not long tried to book an appt but I'm fully booked until the 17th June so if you're in essex it might be her.

Can I ask why a 15 year old needs a "Hollywood"?

Well personally I shaved mine all off when I was 14/15 because I didn't like hair there.
At the same time I started highlighting my hair because I didn't want to be mousy brown.
It's just personal preference.

16 years on I'm still doing it (albeit waxing not shaving)

I've only waxed a few under 16's but only brows or half leg. My understanding is that an adult has to be in the room at all times! They both complete and sign a consent form as well. Check with your insurance company on their protocol.

Debbie

Times are a changing.

If I have a daughter, by the time she's at that stage teenagers will probably be having laser

Yes I have. It's fine to do so.
I'm also CRBed just as an extra.

I must be extremely old fashioned. I'm 45. My eldest daughter is 12. I can't see her waxing her noo noo at 15. She's still a little girl. They grow up too fast these days. I don't think some parents are helping. And they wonder why they're pregnant at 14?

Has penis = pervert. Like obviously, didn't you know that all men are sex pests and should be eyed with suspicion? In fact all woman should go back to being homemakers just in case they encounter a man who may just rape them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have to say, I certainly would worry if my 15 year old started requesting a hollywood

Why do you think her Dad brings her and not her Mum. I find that strange lol. Maybe that's just me, bit set in my ways I suppose

Debbie

Why do you think her Dad brings her and not her Mum. I find that strange lol. Maybe that's just me, bit set in my ways I suppose

Debbie

Maybe mum is working. However, he DOES have a daughter so nothing funny there.

Unless of course she was brought over to the UK as a sex slave and is being held up in a small flat somewhere and this guy (her supposed Dad) is actually her pimp. After all, he is a man and therefore a sex pest.

(Just kidding on last paragraph before everyone gets their knickers in a twist).

I read an article about a rise in young girls being waxed as parents are nervous about letting them use a razor and the harm they could cause. This may be why the dad wanted the daughter waxed rather than shaving and potentially causing herself injury.

I am all for protecting children, in this circumstance if the daughter did comf for the appointment I would assess whether I thought the child was at risk them decide whether it was appropriate to contact police or not.

I think we need to hold off lighting the torches and leave the pitchforks in the cupboard....

Made me laugh when I read your reply but so true :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say, I certainly would worry if my 15 year old started requesting a hollywood

I agree here. Nothing wrong with a bikini wax with parental consent but why does a 15 year old need a full hollywood?

Oh Jeeez!
She's 15. He is prob the one paying for it do why can't he ask a question about what treatments his daughter has requested. He obviously meant a standard bikini line wax. "Intimate" is prob just old man dad speak for that bit down there that girls have.
She might be a dancer or going on holiday, or he might have been doing it to prove a point?
Say she has asked to have one done and he said no your too young. Calls you and you say yes she is too young and there point proven end of call.

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh Jeeez!
She's 15. He is prob the one paying for it do why can't he ask a question about what treatments his daughter has requested. He obviously meant a standard bikini line wax. "Intimate" is prob just old man dad speak for that bit down there that girls have.
She might be a dancer or going on holiday, or he might have been doing it to prove a point?
Say she has asked to have one done and he said no your too young. Calls you and you say yes she is too young and there point proven end of call.

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

No, we're referring to the post I quote below. This therapist has a client who is 15 and has a Hollywood.

Originally Posted by Gina Ballerina

Whether she's having sex, swimming, being bullied or just doesn't like a hairy la la
Do you know what it's NONE OF OUR GOD DAMN BUSINESS!

Whether she's having sex, swimming, being bullied or just doesn't like a hairy la la
Do you know what it's NONE OF OUR GOD DAMN BUSINESS!

Would you have the same attitude if someone was being abused?

Debbie

Because of work. But mum usually makes the appt

Would you have the same attitude if someone was being abused?

If I suspected anybody if being abused I would do something about it, by dealing with what I know, my instincts, evidence & facts.

I don't make judgments!
I've been 15 & i also have an 11 year old daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back