Is this weird or is it just me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cloughers

Reaction score
I just had a call on my mobile (no caller ID). It was a man who said he was calling on behalf of his daughter and she was interested in waxing. He said how old did she have to be, so I said what type of waxing was she interested in and he said, the intimate area. I asked how old she was and he said nearly 16 so I said I'm not insured to do intimate waxing on anyone under 16. End of phone call. I find this very strange and a bit disturbing, I can't imagine a teenager would ask her Dad to phone up about something like that can you???

How strange !!!! Probably a weirdo!!! What dad would ring up anyway!! I know what my dad would say if I asked him too lol xx

Over from nails but that almost sounds like a case for the police!! Very weird! Why would he be interested in his daughters (a minor!) intimate areas??!

Not sure how to take this could be a single dad could well be a weirdo i had a txt from a guy the other week wanting a full body massage without towels i wouldnt worry about it if he rings back ask her to ring you and have a chat about it

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

ah hold on a second here. Hardly a case for the police?

What if he's a single dad? Having had to rely on my dad for everything my whole life (my mother is not really in my life all that much) its possible that his daughter is self consious , perhaps shes goes swimming or something where it would be an issue and her dad is trying to do the best by her.

If he's a single dad he'll have to be both mum and dad to his daughter, and that sometimes means doing uncomfortable things, he'll most likely have been embarrassed himself? I think fair play to him for doing it!! Why shouldn't a dad call?

Have you got his number? He sounds like a paedo getting his kicks. There is no way on this earth a dad would ring up for this service for a 15 year old girl. Sorry, no way. He is sick.

No, It's not just you.

ah hold on a second here. Hardly a case for the police?

What if he's a single dad? Having had to rely on my dad for everything my whole life (my mother is not really in my life all that much) its possible that his daughter is self consious , perhaps shes goes swimming or something where it would be an issue and her dad is trying to do the best by her.

If he's a single dad he'll have to be both mum and dad to his daughter, and that sometimes means doing uncomfortable things, he'll most likely have been embarrassed himself? I think fair play to him for doing it!! Why shouldn't a dad call?

Are you kidding me?!

I'm actually shocked by everyones judgemetal approach to this!

For the record I've sent my dad to the shop for tampons etc, and i'm sure if was younger and asked him about bikini waxing he would have begrudgingly made the call for me too... what part of that is anyway perverted?

Dads also don't have the lingo down for all beauty treaments so even though he said intimate waxing he could have ment a simple basic bikini wax???

I think we need to hold off lighting the torches and leave the pitchforks in the cupboard....

What has actually happened here?

A phone call asking about a treatment, the booking was not taken...end of call. No harm done.

Yes it was an unusual request, but as noreenoconner has said sometimes single dads have to do things other dads don't have to.

Yes it could have been a wind up, some random guy that doesn't even have a daughter and just wanted to talk intimate waxing, no matter if genuine or suspect the OP behaved professionally and closed the call down. Well done.

I don't see any need for all this wild conjecture and hysteria.

Have you got his number? He sounds like a paedo getting his kicks. There is no way on this earth a dad would ring up for this service for a 15 year old girl. Sorry, no way. He is sick.

No, It's not just you.

God I hate this attitude. Maybe his daughter has self confidence issues or has been bullied at school during PE because of her body hair?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am such a daddy's girl and I tell him everything but there is no way on gods earth I would EVER talk to him about anything like getting waxed!!! That is one piece of information that he really doesn't need to know!! Lol I think even if he was the only person I had in my life I would still fell more comfortable ringing a therapist to ask about waxing! Or even sending an email or a message?! X

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe a gay couple with a daughter?

So as dad has rang a beauty salon to ask how old his daughter would have to be for bikini waxing?

When the reply was that she wasn't old enough he ended the conversation?

If the conversation was just that then I don't really see a problem and I would of said it was an innocent telephone call

Was there anything else said that made you feel uncomfortable?

I can tell you my dad would not make a call like that for me. He would do almost anything I asked but that would be too far. But then this guy isn't my dad. He could well be genuine. He could just as equally be a creep. I would have asked to speak to the daughter. Guess we will never know unless he calls back x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

God I hate this attitude. Maybe his daughter has self confidence issues or has been bullied at school during PE because of her body hair?

I can't believe how naive you all are. The issue is also that the "so called daughter" is 15. Why does a 15 year old need her noo noo waxed?! I didn't even know what waxing was when I was 15. I hope its a hoax.

There is a girl in my town who had been abused by her Dad since she was six. She's now 16 and reported it to the police. How did he get away with it when the mother was around? I know this is unrelated but turning a blind eye and having this "oh well, I'm sure it's fine" attitude is what allows this sort of thing to happen.

Unfortunately the world we now live in this call would cause suspicion, I do find it rather strange and surly the dad would no this day an age it would be seen as strange.
Plus like MM has said why at that age would you want a wax!! X

Because she is hairy and wants to be smooth?

I can't believe how naive you all are. The issue is also that the "so called daughter" is 15. Why does a 15 year old need her noo noo waxed?! I didn't even know what waxing was when I was 15. I hope its a hoax.

There is a girl in my town who had been abused by her Dad since she was six. She's now 16 and reported it to the police. How did he get away with it when the mother was around? I know this is unrelated but turning a blind eye and having this "oh well, I'm sure it's fine" attitude is what allows this sort of thing to happen.

Kids are increasingly becoming self conscious of body hair. I don't think 15 is particularly young to be waxing a bikini line? I was shaving from 13 as the hair was very noticeable and I didn't want to be teased. Kids are cruel, maybe she is already being teased? I have had requests from mums for bikini waxes for their daughter who was only 12 , she was very self conscious and was going on holiday with her dad . I didn't for one second think their was anything wrong with her request.

Because she is hairy and wants to be smooth?

Do you regularly get calls from 15 year old wanting their noo noos waxed? I can understand facial hair, legs, underarms as some ethnic backgrounds have dark thick hair where they don't want it, even at 15.

Kids are increasingly becoming self conscious of body hair. I don't think 15 is particularly young to be waxing a bikini line? I was shaving from 13 as the hair was very noticeable and I didn't want to be teased. Kids are cruel, maybe she is already being teased? I have had requests from mums for bikini waxes for their daughter who was only 12 , she was very self conscious and was going on holiday with her dad . I didn't for one second think their was anything wrong with her request.

We're talking about a dad ringing for intimate waxing, not a mum and a bikini line. Completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back