Is training to expand classed as a business expense?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty

Reaction score
Hi, I've tried searching for my answer but can't find anything.

I want to do a waxing course (and then some others) but will the cost be classed as a business expense or not?

Thank you!

Hi,

Yip i put any courses through my business and my accaountant has never said anything, always just went through. hth

Lovely thanks! I wish I had an accountant, they are so expensive though :sad:

Kirsty,

You would might be surprised how much an accountant can save you each year.

They know all the areas we can claim and often its stuff we dont always know ourselves. You should look into the costs and see if you can find someone within your price range..

I fill in a simple spreadsheet and give him a box full of reciepts and he does the rest!!..
Its so much easier...

I have always claimed for any training I have carried out whilst being self employed..

Self-employed: tax allowable expenses - Tax for the self-employed - Tax - Which? Money

HTH Jack

That's great thanks Jack. I'd like to have an accountant for peace of mind too, that way I would know everything has been done correctly, I worry a lot about getting things wrong :eek:

Dont worry, any money you put into your buisness you can claim back x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

ask around for accounts, you'd be surprised, I pay under £100 which of course is tax deductable!

Latest posts

Back