Isopropyl Alcohol scaremongering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba82

Reaction score
I'm not really sure how wiping a nail with isopropyl alcohol can damage your intestine!

Hi Bubba82,

I think you can say there's a bit of scaremongering going on. So in the article does it mean everyone should stop using hair color rinses, body rubs, hand lotion, aftershave lotions and car antifreeze? I think what the article doesn't state is that if you digest isopropyl alcohol then it may lead onto cancer as it affects the intestinal flora which is your gut.

As for Shellac, isopropyl alcohol is used in d.sperse which is an inhibition layer remover that quickly and safely disperses uncured residue from the surface of gel enhancements levying the products high gloss shine behind. Obviously you need to wash your hands afterwards to wash off the isopropyl alcohol.

I hope this makes sense and not to trust everything you read in the media.

Love to all….

MiniGeek

I'm thinking what the article is referring to is the shellac that you buy at the paint store. It's used for furniture refinishing and to seal woodworking and such. LOL, I never could figure out why CND chose that as a name for the product line!:lol:

I also agree with the above. They couldn't reference to CND Shellac without maybe getting into a little trouble. I think also it is referencing to table lacquer x

I had never heard of a paint product called shellac, i assumed they were referring to CND shellac as the article is about cosmetics??

Thanks Mini Geek :) it's a shame that non-industry people will read articles like this and assume their gel polish (yeah yeah shellac isn't gel polish 😉) is going to give them cancer

Latest posts

Back