Issues with Gelish and acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steffanie

Steff
Reaction score
How do you ladies apply gelish on top of acrylics? Do you base coat first or go ahead with colour?
I always just do colour on my own and they last well but I'm having some issues with peeling off with some clients since using gelish.

I just file. Buff but not so it's really smooth just buff slightly then straight onto colour coat. Sounds like you're maybe applying too thick xx

What colours are you having issues with?

Georgie said that foundation was needed with a few of the newer colours over acrylics due to peeling issues.

I personally haven't noticed A difference even with the new colours but thought it might be worth mentioning. x

Oh hell I wouldn't know them by name, we've only just started changing over to gelish from gelicure. Mainly darker ones. I did a dark burgundy red on Friday it was called something wingman. And it's not cured properly and peeled off. This has happened with another girl too. But it's also happened with a gelicure colour so maybe it's I'm buffing them too smooth as I dont think I apply too thick xx

Looking for a Wingman - lots of people have had trouble with this new colour - should be applied really really thinly - may be warm the bottle first - lots of techs have sent them back so may have been a dodgy batch - mine has been fine tho xx

I had been applying foundation first but read on here that you could skip this so tried it this week over my own acrylics and no issues so far. Why waste foundation product if not necessary. In saying that, I haven't tried a really dark colour yet.

Thank you ladies. We've exchanged the colour but haven't tried it yet. I was absolutely devastated for the girl as she never has her nails done and loved them then for them to smudge and peel hours later :(

Latest posts

Back