Issues with Gellux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtybeauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm a newbie and so far have only taken the gellux course at capital. The course was great, the trainer was helpful and I invested in the product.

However, I am just getting my friends and family 'guinea pigs' back to remove the gellux and finding it a nightmare! I am following the removal procedure I was taught but last night, even with added heat, it took me over half an hour to remove my moms gellux!
My mom is supportive and didn't mind but I can't do this on new clients - very time consuming and made me feel stupid!!

I have an LED lamp and was thinking of investing in opi gelcolour or the shellac system which I know would mean purchasing a cnd lamp and taking their course. Any thoughts/advice?

I first started with gellux and now just use it for pops for the same reason, I invested in shellac did all the courses became a CND master painter and don't regret I for me minute, shellac removes easily in less than 10 minutes, no buffing of the natural nail and I use both the brisa lite systems, so its win win.

Yes I had to pay to invest but was worth it.
My clients are happy and I'm happy.

I always found the gellux remover to be an issue. I switched to plain old acetone and haven't had any problems since. Hth Hun.
X

I use gellux and on some clients have the same problem. I have been using gellux now for about 10 month now & I remember soaking off my 1st client it took over an hour too now only about 15-20 sometimes now have to buff a bit off. I too am in the process of saving to become a shellac girl but I will offer gellux along with it as I have some clients that love the colour/durability that they say they didn't like/get when they have had shellac in the past

Thanks for the replies.
Like you say Bronzedbeaut - it lasts really well! Another concern of mine was that when people compliment my nails and ask what I use they turn their noses up when I say gellux! So I worry whether this would affect my client base! I've not started advertising yet as I wanted a bit of a practise on my nearest and dearest...
I'm looking at shellac courses but can't seem to find any near me, I'm not far from Birmingham. I'm also not sure whether to just do 'shellac brings 'em back' or extend my services! Eek. It's exciting but confusing!!

I started off in Gellux and was having the same problem. Also a couple of the colours wasn't lasting as well as others. I've now switched to Gelish and wish I'd done it a long time ago! Everyone is loving the colours. It's also easy to remove. Xx

Thanks for the replies.
Like you say Bronzedbeaut - it lasts really well! Another concern of mine was that when people compliment my nails and ask what I use they turn their noses up when I say gellux! So I worry whether this would affect my client base! I've not started advertising yet as I wanted a bit of a practise on my nearest and dearest...
I'm looking at shellac courses but can't seem to find any near me, I'm not far from Birmingham. I'm also not sure whether to just do 'shellac brings 'em back' or extend my services! Eek. It's exciting but confusing!!

Don't look on line .. ring Sweet Squared who will direct you to a Shellac trainer near to you .. there are several. :green: 08452106060 Your clients wont be turning up their noses at Shellac I can assure you. :green: And it does remove faster than any other UV cured polish which is a huge bonus as well as it just being ... CND Shellac.

Latest posts

Back