It wasn't Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffyFileSlayer

Reaction score
I went to a new client today who said she had Shellac on her nails, but after seeing my Shellac bottles realised that it wasn't Shellac she had on her nails after all. She said the bottles were white and the bottle caps were white and the colour of the polish in the bottles was shown on top of the cap. Out of interest, does anyone know what gel polish this might be? It doesn't soak off in 10 mins by the way :mad: whatever it is. (It was done in Poland.)

Last edited:
Does it really matter what it was? There are so many the sane and under a different name.

If it wasn't Shellac, then you will know immediately. Shellac stands out from the rest by a mile!

Oh I know, I could tell as soon as I unwrapped the first finger. I was interested for my information.

Gelish comes in a white bottle with a white cap and the polish color shows through a little window in the front of the bottle. Could that be it? Can't remember if the bottles have the color on the top of the cap, though.

The key to soaking off Gelish, if this is the product, is buffing off the shine before soaking. It usually comes off in 10 minutes or so once you've buffed it.

Gelish comes in a white bottle with a white cap and the polish color shows through a little window in the front of the bottle. Could that be it? Can't remember if the bottles have the color on the top of the cap, though.

The key to soaking off Gelish, if this is the product, is buffing off the shine before soaking. It usually comes off in 10 minutes or so once you've buffed it.

Or so! meaning 15 or even 20 sometimes. really!

Si señora!! Muchissimo!

i use gelac by ibd that had a white bottle, i was reaserching using shellac or gelac i kno shellac is creative and the best name but ibd had a better colour range so chose them, does any1 really know the difference on here because id like to change products if shellac is better
thanks

Shellac, I believe, is better overall for your nails. No buffing the product, no buffing the natural nail. Easy to use, easy to remove. I used to think the colors were limiting but once you try layering, the colors are almost endless. It's backed by a major name in the industry...CND.

Shellac, I believe, is better overall for your nails. No buffing the product, no buffing the natural nail. Easy to use, easy to remove. I used to think the colors were limiting but once you try layering, the colors are almost endless. It's backed by a major name in the industry...CND.

I second that!! No contest really x My clients are amazed by the nail wheels I get out - they can't believe all the different colours they can choose from!

Tammie thanks for your response, I think you may be right as when I got my stick and tried to wipe the gel/polish off it started squeeking!! Which makes me think that it should have been buffed first. I re-wrapped most of the nails and it finally came off.

Latest posts

Back