It's happened, client with broken nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7th-Heaven

Reaction score
Ok, so I guess I need a bit of advice... I've been qualified nearly 2 months now, started up from home and did up my spare room into a nail studio. It's been going relatively well, but I always knew this day would come. I received a message and photo from a client and her thumb nail has broken apparently while putting on tights/pantyhose. She was here around 9 days ago to get Brisa gel extensions. It's the first time this has happened to me since I got qualified (although I had a couple lifting issues in the first weeks that I sorted out). I quickly offered for her to come back and said I would fix it for her free of charge.
She's agreed to come but has a bit of a long drive to get here (nearly an hour). So should I do something extra for her troubles, or is just fixing it "enough"? I was upset it broke, but I'm over that now, so now I'm just thinking of ways to "make it up" to her. :confused:

I think fixing it would be adequate tbh maybe a bit of nice hand cream at the end.

Most nail techs in my area charge for repairs. I think repairing the nail is ample, you don’t know how it ended up broken. Most people aren’t very careful with their nails

Thanks for the answers! Happy ending to this sad broken nail tale. I fixed her nail earlier today free of charge. She also mentioned that the length might be a bit long for her, so I carefully took the length down just a little bit and resealed with fresh topcoat. She said she would love come back again and booked her infill/rebalance next week (it's now been 2 weeks, not 9 days as I first thought), and she was overall very happy. So I'm confident it was the right decision, since she might become a regular, and hopefully won't have to fix too many nails. :D
Edit: She also left a raving 5* review on my facebook after I fixed it, I think it all turned out for the better! :D

Last edited:
I had a regular client come in for a repair not long ago; she had long nails but came in for gel polish on a Wednesday and asked me that her nail broke (I found it ambiguous). When she came over, her thumb nail was torn half way from one side which is no fault of the gel polish service that I gave her. So I proposed that an extension service (I do Gelish hard gel) be done to her thumb nail which she agreed and paid for it. She came again this week (3 weeks since her mishap) and was happy with the extension done, but just wanted it shorter this time as she wanted to go backpacking.

Latest posts

Back