I've been scammed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

After thinking of myself as a bit of a savvy person I regret to inform you I've been scammed!

A company called '**' rang me to tell me about their new location based app (similar to voucher cloud).

I thought about it, checked their website, thought it all looked legitimate then asked for more info.

They sent a welcome pack via email with all the package prices they do. They had an offer if 50% off advertising as they were in the pre launch stage so I rang up.

Woman was polite, not pushy and I went for the lowest package, £25 instead of £50 for clients to use their smartphone app to find us within a 3 mile radius. Paid over the phone, app was supposed to launch in May and never did.

Website is still up but can't get through and no response to various emails! It's only £25 but it's my hard earned money and I feel stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, don't feel stupid, why should you feel that way for wanting to use technology to expand your client base?
You did your research, these scammers are so damned good at convincing us they have a good legitimate product.

Spread the word to other local businesses to alert them to these people before they spread. xx

Don't feel stupid.... Get even.

If you haven't done so already contact trading standards and if you paid by credit card, contact your card provider.

It may not get anything done, and it doesn't change whats happened, but banish those scammed blues and be proactive. It doesn't matter if its £25 or £25000 it's your money hun.

Good luck, chin up and don't feel silly. X x x

Yes I've spoken to trading standards. Thy suggested recorded letters etc

The name of the company seems to have disappeared from my thread now which is a bit silly considering I posted to try and warn others!

Yes I've spoken to trading standards. Thy suggested recorded letters etc

The name of the company seems to have disappeared from my thread now which is a bit silly considering I posted to try and warn others!

We do not allow naming and shaming threads.

From the sites point of view we need to remain impartial, playing devil's advocate, we only have your word that this happened and you could be out to ruin a completely innocent company.

I am sure this is not the case here but we have had threads posted which have been deliberately out to cause trouble.

From the site's point of view, if this company saw this thread, and they probably would in some way, then they would probably look to sue, not you, but the site owners for allowing this.

This sounds very similar to a phone call I took at the salon a few weeks ago!! Took my email address and said they would send me information but I never received any! Glad I didn't now as I was really liking the idea of it and would have gone through with it!

Botox boy (i happen to know you from shh lol. Hows you)

Maybe go to money claim online- the online court page. Fill out the application to have a case heard in court and print this (but dont send) and send this to them saying if you dont get a refund by 14 days you will issue the paperwork and seek costs?

I know a good local solitor for you but for the sake of 25 is it worth the bill lol.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

As happy feet said above, did u pay buy credit card? As u are covered if u did and could claim back from ur bank x

Paid by debit card! And it's totally the principle of the issue not the money...

I did wonder if maybe they went busy before launch but their website is still up and running inviting investments!

Won't your bank look into claiming back the money as you never received the service you paid for?

Paid by debit card! And it's totally the principle of the issue not the money...

I did wonder if maybe they went busy before launch but their website is still up and running inviting investments!

Went BUST not busy lol

I have just got an email tonight about a salon app thing hmmm i shall add it to phishing scam , thanks for the information

Ring your bank, when something similar happened with me they refunded me the money and then they contacted the business that took the money out of my account!! Hthxx

P.s. don't feel stupid, we are all trying the best advertising techniques, and you weren't to know!!!

I've just apparently had my local paper the Coventry telegraph call me and ask if I want to advertise as they are doing a perfect pamper issue this weekend. £30+ vat.

I asked if I could call her back and she said no I will call you tomorrow. I tried to ring back the number and it says it's not registered.

To place a proper ad with that paper it costs between £200-£400 as I looked into it today. So will be interested to hear what she has to say if she rings back tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back