I've bent the hairs of my L&P brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks!!!

Well I finally did my CND L&P conversion last week, absolutely loved it and now just getting to grips with it as been a hard gel/Brisa fan for so long!!!
So in the kit I have the size 8 brush but I have bent the brush hairs over (I wrapped in paper towel and placed in original box until my brush box arrives) I think I did this by shoving too far down into the box,.

The hairs are now bent over and I'm cross as it was a nice well behaved brush!!!! I did a set last night and adapted to it but I'm still learning my craft with L&P so having to adapt to bent hairs too is not helping!!!

Is there a way of saving it? Or shall I jut but a new one?

Also is it worth always having a spare brush in stock? And as I won't be doing L&P daily is there anything I should be doing to keep it healthy, like flushing through with Monomer weekly?

Sorry for all the brush questions!! I'm due to go back in 4 weeks for another skills building class can't wait!!!

Ellie xx

Hi fellow geeks!!!

Well I finally did my CND L&P conversion last week, absolutely loved it and now just getting to grips with it as been a hard gel/Brisa fan for so long!!!
So in the kit I have the size 8 brush but I have bent the brush hairs over (I wrapped in paper towel and placed in original box until my brush box arrives) I think I did this by shoving too far down into the box,.

The hairs are now bent over and I'm cross as it was a nice well behaved brush!!!! I did a set last night and adapted to it but I'm still learning my craft with L&P so having to adapt to bent hairs too is not helping!!!

Is there a way of saving it? Or shall I jut but a new one?

Also is it worth always having a spare brush in stock? And as I won't be doing L&P daily is there anything I should be doing to keep it healthy, like flushing through with Monomer weekly?

Sorry for all the brush questions!! I'm due to go back in 4 weeks for another skills building class can't wait!!!

Ellie xx

People recommend back ups so two of everything usually, if I'm honest it's costly when you can't afford to get two lamps, two brushed etc, but it's always worth having! Not saying I have two of everything, because realistically I can not afford that in my situation right now. And I'm not sure how to answer the question to the brush, maybe a photo to show us how badly it's bent?

Thank you! Yes sometimes it's not possible to have 2 of everything but I think I'd prefer to have 2 brushes just incase.
I've attached photo of brush, thank goodness now it seems to have straightened out over night after cleaning in monomer and wrapping tightly in paper towel. I've just had a play and it's no whee near as bent as last night so I think I'll get away with it. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381826351.052052.jpg

I've totally splayed my brushes before now and dipping them into boiling water for a few seconds always did the trick x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I was on the course with you :)

I've bent my brush hairs before, and the reply given above by Metamorphosis (dipping into boiling water) helps massively but I've found actually running a stream of boiling water over the brush for about 10 seconds straightens it out more because the stream helps to direct the hairs. I hope you manage to sort it out!

Xxx

Put a bit of water or monomer on it then wrap kitchen foil around the end really tight and neat and twist it to seal it. Leave it for a few hours then it will be fine. I do this all the time haha xx

Laura xx

Hi, I was on the course with you :)

I've bent my brush hairs before, and the reply given above by Metamorphosis (dipping into boiling water) helps massively but I've found actually running a stream of boiling water over the brush for about 10 seconds straightens it out more because the stream helps to direct the hairs. I hope you manage to sort it out!

Xxx

Hi Emily I was going to pm you actually as on the day of the course I was looking at you thinking I really know that girl and when I got home and came on here the penny dropped lol! Lovely to meet you, I'm definitely going to try the boiling water thank you xx

Hi Emily I was going to pm you actually as on the day of the course I was looking at you thinking I really know that girl and when I got home and came on here the penny dropped lol! Lovely to meet you, I'm definitely going to try the boiling water thank you xx

I was thinking the same thing! Haha how funny. Let us know how you get on with the brush :)

Xxx

Brushes are hair ... Heat straightens the hair if bent.
I have always recommended the boiling water trick and then gently shape and squeeze out excess and allow to dry flat and straight.

Last edited:
While on the subject of brushes,
Can anyone please tell me what a nail art FAN BRUSH is used for?
Always wondered this as I've never seen anyone use one xx

Hi all really sorry to hi jack this thread but I could really do with some advice. I'm relatively new to l&p and although I have done a few sets I haw recently noticed a difference in my brush. Don't know how to explain it but the bristles are separated at the end and wondered if this is something I have done wrong...I am find it difficult to manage and I don't see to be getting a great result. Would running boiling water through help me also? I would appreciate any help. Many thanks in advance ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381955333.732129.jpg

I think I was on that course aswell, how are you both getting on?
Has a date been fixed yet do we know for the rebalancing course? X

Hi all really sorry to hi jack this thread but I could really do with some advice. I'm relatively new to l&p and although I have done a few sets I haw recently noticed a difference in my brush. Don't know how to explain it but the bristles are separated at the end and wondered if this is something I have done wrong...I am find it difficult to manage and I don't see to be getting a great result. Would running boiling water through help me also? I would appreciate any help. Many thanks in advance View attachment 45533
You haven't trained your brush and it looks like you have also been wiping it back and forth rather than gently in one direction.

Read my chapter on brush control on the members Tutorial section of the site.
Click on 'articles' above on the bar, then click on tutorials, nail application then brush control (parts1, 2, 3 & 4). If you haven't found this part of the salon geek site yet, then you have missed the heart and the purpose of the salon geek! Salon geek is a place to find answers to questions as well as to ask them! :hug:

Thanks for your help ill have a look now!

I think I was on that course aswell, how are you both getting on?
Has a date been fixed yet do we know for the rebalancing course? X

Hi! I think Liza said the 12th november but I shall phone s2 and check.I'm getting on better than I thought I would just getting to grips with mix ratios and how different the technique is to brisa gel!

Gigi thank you for your replies, my brush seems to be straightening itself out, it doesn't seem to bother me using it now,It's only slightly curving over at the very tip. should I still do the hot water anyway?

Hi! I think Liza said the 12th november but I shall phone s2 and check.I'm getting on better than I thought I would just getting to grips with mix ratios and how different the technique is to brisa gel!

Gigi thank you for your replies, my brush seems to be straightening itself out, it doesn't seem to bother me using it now,It's only slightly curving over at the very tip. should I still do the hot water anyway?

Yes, I would. You do not want a brush that curves at the tip, even a little bit ... It should be right.

Just read the articles. Great help thank you. I will be practising later today!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382001498.745059.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382001541.641814.jpg
Hot water trick then flushed through with Monomer thanks everyone xxx

Ellebelle and emma84, have you managed to book onto the course yet for the 12th Nov? I've spoken to S2 twice and they have no idea what I'm on about, apparently there are no dates on the system.

Xxx

While on the subject of brushes,
Can anyone please tell me what a nail art FAN BRUSH is used for?
Always wondered this as I've never seen anyone use one xx

I use a fan brush for brushing off excess glitter when doing RockStar nails xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back