I've hurt a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellideb

Nails & Beauty
Reaction score
I've been waxing brows for year and I use Perron rigot euro blonde mostly. I waxed a clients eyebrows a few weeks ago and she got in touch a week or so later to say that I'd taken some skin off under her brow and showed me a picture of it. It looked red and sore. I'm mortified. How would this happen? She's a young girl, I wax brows day in, day out, i know my products, I know to pull the skin taught. What could have caused this. I noticed it a bit red afterwards and thought it was just a strong reaction as she is very pale and fair.

I puzzled as to why it happened? And a bit wary of waxing her again in case it happens again!

Hi , I have seen this happen before , either the wax is too hot ,or it can be what you use to wipe over the eyebrow is too harsh ie surgical spirit .

Is she on any medication - Roaccutane, antibiotics for acne, steroids, or is she using any topical meds on her skin?

It happens don't beat yourself up.
I been a therapist for well over 10/15 years and other day it happened and hasn't happened for years and years. Lands up being client forgot to mention she diabetic and also she has allergy to plasters , which I asked in her form.

Thanks for your replies! The wax was definitely not too hot as I tested it beforehand. And I use the Perron rigot skin cleanser beforehand, then apply the oil, then use a tissue to absorb any excess oil. I do the exact same to every client and her other eyebrow was fine.

I have asked her is she on any medications or has she changed her medications, or skin care routine and I've been very sympathetic and offered her a refund. It's a mystery. I'm guessing she won't be returning for an eyebrow wax with me anymore!

Try not to worry too much. She's young and her skin is delicate. I hope she comes back to you xx

It just happens.... in fact it happens to me alot and I use gentle wax oil etc....... but my client base has alot of sensitized skin from dry cold weather, cleaners, so many things.

You sound like you perform your treatments in a professional manner, so bottom line..... Don't beat yourself up about it!! it happens and like other people have mentioned on this tread its probably something she has forgotten to mention.

Does she use any eye products with active ingredients in, for instance anything with Vitamin A/Retinol? That has the potential to affect the skins barrier and could be a potential consideration.

Definitely do not beat yourself up for it, it happens. It has happened to me on a few occasions. It could be medication, hormonal changes, skincare etc... there are so many different reasons. If I have a client with sensitive skin or I know is prone to grazing then I pull the wax off in really tiny sections, like 1cm at a time, this usually helps me.

Try not to worry too much. She's young and her skin is delicate. I hope she comes back to you xx
Thank you! Yes she's come back, for a different treatment, but she's still a client thankfully!

I've been waxing brows for year and I use Perron rigot euro blonde mostly. I waxed a clients eyebrows a few weeks ago and she got in touch a week or so later to say that I'd taken some skin off under her brow and showed me a picture of it. It looked red and sore. I'm mortified. How would this happen? She's a young girl, I wax brows day in, day out, i know my products, I know to pull the skin taught. What could have caused this. I noticed it a bit red afterwards and thought it was just a strong reaction as she is very pale and fair.

I puzzled as to why it happened? And a bit wary of waxing her again in case it happens again!
I'm surprised no one else has said but it can happen if a client has dehydrated skin. It is nothing to do with the way you are doing it. Try not to worry!

I'm surprised no one else has said but it can happen if a client has dehydrated skin. It is nothing to do with the way you are doing it. Try not to worry!
I never knew this before. As a client I have had many grazes and I always get a reaction and I have very dehydrated skin.
I've actually given up now.

Latest posts

Back