Jealous Dual Cure lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chocolate14

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have recently received the Jealous Dual Cure Lamp as a replacement of the O.P.I Dual cure lamp which was released last year (needing improvement).

I have searched and read through a few threads on salongeek, but was wondering if anybody else has been using the Jealous Lamp as well as any thoughts??

I have used mine on a few occasions and have noticed on a couple of them my O.P.I gelcolor set hasn’t been lasting..would like to hear if anyone has had much experience with the lamp itself.

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• 304473EB-32B6-4DA9-9D8E-1B11439CA8E9.jpeg
    304473EB-32B6-4DA9-9D8E-1B11439CA8E9.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 27
It may not be curing the gel properly. I’ve never used this lamp. I have The OPI Black lamp (the old metal one) works great.

I have this lamp and use it daily. The only time I had an issue was the first set of gels I did with it. Other than that, it’s been fine.

I do have to keep an eye on it though and make sure it’s off after 30 seconds so as not to over cure.

It may not be curing the gel properly. I’ve never used this lamp. I have The OPI Black lamp (the old metal one) works great.
Hi Jen459,

Great to hear from you and that you use the same lamp. I’ve received it recently and have noticed them not lasting the full two weeks (chipping/peeling on free edges), I was a little skeptical using a new lamp after the new OPI lamp had its own issues.

I have noticed that as soon as I plug my lamp in, it begins to count up from 0-120 seconds on the digital timer and my auto sensor is not responding, only the manual setting is.

Do you experience this at all?

Thank you

Hi Jen459,

Great to hear from you and that you use the same lamp. I’ve received it recently and have noticed them not lasting the full two weeks (chipping/peeling on free edges), I was a little skeptical using a new lamp after the new OPI lamp had its own issues. I have also been curing all my OPI gel coats for 60secs each. Could this be the issue?

I have also noticed that as soon as I plug my lamp in, it begins to count up from 0-120 seconds on the digital timer and my auto sensor is not responding, only the manual setting is.

Do you experience this at all?

Thank you

Hi OpiNailLove,

Yes I do miss the old metal lamp. Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I have also been curing each coat for 60 seconds each.

I am also wondering what other factor could come into play...

Yeah, sometimes the automatic sensor works, other times, I’ll look down and it’s at 87 seconds!!

I cure for 30 seconds.

I’m just now in the habit of pressing the 30 second button whenever they put their hand/foot in.

I didn’t hear about the issues with the new dual OPI lamp!? I heard about the issues with pro health top and base though. . . Oh OPI, I love you so. Why you have to release new products to market too soon!

Hey Jen459,

Yes the lamp can be a little temperamental., but glad to hear I’m not the only one it mucks around with!

Will take note of the 30 second cure rule so thank you for that.

Yeah they had trouble with the lamp they released late last year (around the same time the new prohealth coats came out), with hope to hear on the re-release with a higher hand plate, as the current one was designed too far away to cure each nail properly..so hoping on an update of that soon.

That’s true, it’s a little bit of a shame they were in a rush on their latest release x

Latest posts

Back