Job advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hev

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Im really stuck and need some advice to make a good decision.

Iv been offered a job at an FE college teaching beauty for 18 hours per week, so ill work tuesday 9.30-3.30, wednesday 1-4, thursday 9.30-3.30 and firday 9.30-3.30.
The money is pretty good about £20 per hour.

I lost my last job as the training centre was well not very good. Since then iv been working in a cushy 9-5 job its sooooo boring though doing officy work, however they want to biuld some beauty training up for residents there.. there is the future prospect of getting my money put up to about 25k....but that could be a long wait and i will always have to do the office work with the odd beauty bit.... very depressing.

Any way, it travelling further to the job, but it would be more career based and iv done my first year of cert ed so would seem a waste not to get into a college.

Apparently no college will give you a full time role, i need to get my foot in the door.

I just dont know what to do.... i need to ask them whether theres paid holidays..as the kids are off alot.

What you think? x

I would have thought if you were trying to get out of your office job, that this would be ideal for you!

Most FE colleges work same as school holidays, so you should get them off and I would expect that if you have a proper contract your holidays will be paid at same rate as your job ( you would need to check this out of course).

there would be nothing to stop you going back to your old workplace to do treatments. If you're self-employed, you can work where you like and you already have one foot under the table so to speak.

Frankly, it sounds like a good opportunity and sometimes, you just have to gamble to get where you want to be!

Good luck whatever you decide!

Latest posts

Back