Job Hunting Troubles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*beautystudent*

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting a job after just recently finishing cert IV at tafe. i did manage to get a job coming out of tafe but i was recently fired as i did not have enough experience.
i have handed out my resume and have rang salons and they are not employing and if they are they want someone who has experience, but how am i suposed to get experience when no one wants to hire me. It is the same with all the other girls in my class no one has been able to get a job.

Does any one have any advice as to what i could do??

Thanks

Not sure what skills your offering. Why not try going mobile and getting the experience yourself?

Get hands on with family and friends and get them to spread the word. Start slow and aim high.

Keep trying if you want to do salon work but for now build on your skills yourself by practising.

hth

why not offer to do work experience (unpaid) at a salon for a couple of months, say - you help them and in return they let you observe treatments and help you brush up on your skills. In the meantime if a member of staff left whilst you were there, they might consider employing you. Even if this isn't the case you'd gain experience.
I haven't had to recruit any staff for years, as all my staff have previously done work experience at my salon, then part-time work once qualified, then in some cases have become full-time.
Good luck x

Latest posts

Back