Jobs in Dubai

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynnser19

Reaction score
Hi all!!
I'm really interested in moving to Dubai or Abu dhabi and was wondering where some of you have worked over there and how you got the jobs??i have applied for loads but have heard nothing so wondering am I going wrong somewhere??
Thanks in advance xx

What sort of job are you looking for.If for instance if it's in a spa or salon at a hotel search the different hotels and chains and apply directly through their websites Marriott are one that springs to mind.

Hey sorry forgot to say I'm a beauty therapist!!thanks for your quick reply!!ive done that already might check the Marriott not sure if I applied to them!!!thanks :)

Ive seen some job post for beauty therapist in Dubai have u checked all the beauty recruitement sites and hairandbeautyjobs.com?

thanks guys!!!ive checked the recruitment websites but i dont even get a quick reply to my emails never mind a reply off a real person!!im just being impatient probably!!

lillamy i hope to be gone asap hahaha ill keep you informed though

yay yes please let me know!!!!!!! x

Not sure where u are from? But I used to live in Dubai and all the beauty therapists I seen where from philippines. They would work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week (day off to do their washing and cleaning) and get a month off after 2 years to go home for a holiday. They would have shared accommodation with maybe 40 people in a 4 bedroom house. They got paid about £100 a month.
Never seen any western therapists. They just didn't do this, they were the clients. That's how I got into beauty because I loved going to get my treatments done every week. I did have a British hairdresser. People are employed for certain jobs and paid according to nationality. The job adverts are written exactly want they want. It's a totally different way of life.

Have you tried the ESPA website? They have a careers section and sometimes have job vacancies in dubai and abu dhabi, also i think dermalogica have a flag ship store in the burj mall (might have spelt that wrong sorry).

Hope this helps xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

i mean there has been some ads which ive applied to and theyve said they wanted western therapists and the wage was 6500aed and it says apartment for 2 people so hopefully im what theyre looking for lol but yea my friend is a spa manager out there and she said that they ignore western applications most of the time cause they know we would never work for the equivalent of 200pounds a month like!!#
im from ireland by the way sorry i should have said that too lol

sorry hun its me again, have you tried a website called active connection? i think its a co.uk or might be .com but a old manager of mine used to use them for international work.

have you got any responses from the ones you have applied to?

Good Luck
xxx

Hey yea I registered with them!!i got a phone interview this week from a salon so I will keep you all updated on what kind of package they're offering an other things like that!!thanks guys xx

Oohhhh good luck hun xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Hey yea I registered with them!!i got a phone interview this week from a salon so I will keep you all updated on what kind of package they're offering an other things like that!!thanks guys xx

yay let us know !! how exciting!! :):):)

6500 dhm is not alot to have a good lifestyle Dubai .. I go quite abit but it's so expensive for most things. If you have a partner to help with cost of living then that should be fine .. Check out expat forums for more details and you can ask first hand the people who already live there :) good luck xxx

If you are willing to work in the cosmetics departments of the big department stores you will find these jobs are well paid and they want English speaking westerners only.
Try Al-Tayer trends. They own most of the Arab Emirates flights etc are normally paid for but they fully research a person before employing them . They even checked out my FB page.

Hey lee7smith it's Abu dhabi the job is in but my accommodation,bills,flights and food is all included so it works out at an average wage really since I've no expenses!!
Yea I'll check out the make up counters thanks :) I'd love the discount hahaha

That's not too bad then . My sis in law commutes daily to Abu dhabi from dubai but then again she is paid 30,000 to do so . We go again in October and we keep looking for a move as its something we would like to do . Starting up myself would be a preferred option :)

Oh wow is it far from Dubai??i just wanna go for a tree or two for a fun lifestyle for a while haha might as well do it while I'm young lol

Absolutely you should defo try it .. It's 150k each way ..

Latest posts

Back