Just did my first client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violet1

Reaction score
Just did my first client. It went well...I think. Although I felt so uncomfortable when she was looking at her nails at the end, inspecting them! I just have a really uncomfortable feeling and guilt for taking her money! I did shellac, and I don't think they were 100% perfect, but I feel I should not be charging if they are not 100%. I remember when I first started a couple of years ago, I only done about 8 people (l&p) and every time I left I felt like this. Do you know what I mean? How long 'til you feel normal after you have done a treatment? And satisfied that you deserved that money? Hope this makes sense!

Just did my first client. It went well...I think. Although I felt so uncomfortable when she was looking at her nails at the end, inspecting them! I just have a really uncomfortable feeling and guilt for taking her money! I did shellac, and I don't think they were 100% perfect, but I feel I should not be charging if they are not 100%. I remember when I first started a couple of years ago, I only done about 8 people (l&p) and every time I left I felt like this. Do you know what I mean? How long 'til you feel normal after you have done a treatment? And satisfied that you deserved that money? Hope this makes sense!

Come on Faye,

You are not perfect, I am not perfect and no one is perfect!

I started my nail business 3 days after my training!! Do you think I was perfect? I'm not perfect now. We thought they looked great and that is what mattered, but judging by my standard today?? They were a long way from perfect love.

If you have done a good job, and i'm sure you have ... it is after all a polish application so don't over think it ... the client will be happy and you can wait for the praise and the clients to follow.

Congratulations.

You are right Geeg, I am totally over thinking it! :biggrin: and I know it can't really be perfect, but I just felt a bit paranoid while she was inspecting them! She did say, I'll see you again on the way out and asked if I had a price list! She never said anything bad at all but I can't help thinking she was just being polite!! Oh well time will tell! Roll on my next two clients tomorrow! :wink2:

Thanks for the aftercare too - she got one of them x

hi,it sounds like you done well,especially if she asked for a price list and said she will see you again,good sign.
dont be too hard on your self,well done and good luck :)

Well done :) !! here's to a lot more happy clients xxx

The fact that you take your work so personally is a fantastic sign and my respect goes to you for that. I obviously have no idea if you did a good or bad job but I remember when I 1st started. I was paranoid about doing nails. I asked the salon owner to give me some pointers and after I painted her nails she told me they were good and then gave me some of the best advice ever.
She said 'A client come to you for a beter job than she can do herself at home.'
I would like to think I exceed that now but it was a very good place for me to start. Keep up the same work ethic you have now and you will do fantastic.
xx

Well done, I still get worried now that my client might not be happy but they keep coming back so i must be doing something right.... :)

Thank you so much for your replies! I must stop being so paranoid!

You are right Geeg, I am totally over thinking it! :biggrin: and I know it can't really be perfect, but I just felt a bit paranoid while she was inspecting them! She did say, I'll see you again on the way out and asked if I had a price list! She never said anything bad at all but I can't help thinking she was just being polite!! Oh well time will tell! Roll on my next two clients tomorrow! :wink2:

Thanks for the aftercare too - she got one of them x

I feel totally like you, after everything I do! I love what I do and feel bad about asking for money! I totally know where you are coming from x

I've been doing nails for a while. To this day when I do a manicure and the client sits and examines her nails, I still feel a twinge in my stomach. But it's different as your confidence builds. After a while when you feel that twinge, it's only for a second and then you think, "I rocked that manicure!"

I started my nail business 3 days after my training!! Do you think I was perfect? I'm not perfect now. We thought they looked great and that is what mattered, but judging by my standard today?? They were a long way from perfect love.

Reading this has just settled a whole load of nerves for me for when I start up in a few months time :)

Congratulations on your first client violet, may you have every success :) xx

Latest posts

Back