Just started renting in hairdressers, advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently started renting in a hairdressers. I'm a beauty therapist and had a few existing clients from my last salon but not enough to make this work without new clients.

There is another room here that they are looking to rent to a nail tech. I don't do extensions but do offer gel polish.
The new tech interested in room does gel polish too and I'm really worried about the overlap of services as I am still struggling to build my clientele.

It feels unfair to me. Do I have any rights here to say the new renter cannot offer same treatment as me?

As long as you approach the subject maturely and calmly!
Speak to the salon owner and tell them your concerns. Ask if they would mind holding off until you're a bit busier! :)

Hi,

I have recently started renting in a hairdressers. I'm a beauty therapist and had a few existing clients from my last salon but not enough to make this work without new clients.

There is another room here that they are looking to rent to a nail tech. I don't do extensions but do offer gel polish.
The new tech interested in room does gel polish too and I'm really worried about the overlap of services as I am still struggling to build my clientele.

It feels unfair to me. Do I have any rights here to say the new renter cannot offer same treatment as me?
Basically, she can rent to anyone. It sucks, but she just wants her rooms rented.

No, you can't dictate what the other beautician can and can't do.

It will create competition between you two and speaking from experience its not a good way to work.

Unfortunately you are just renting a room, all clients and marketing are your responsibility to get, you can't and shouldn't rely solely on the salon clients to become your clients.

If you don't want the competition of the nail tech make your feeling known to the owner and if they won't help you perhaps look for somewhere else?

Just have ground rules like no undercutting each other etc and you'll be fine

Latest posts

Back